Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2003, 07:25 PM   #1
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Here's a quick synopsis of the info I have been able to find on HoTU:

Prestige Classes: Dwarven Defender, Red Dragon Disciple (Has no alignment restriction), ShapeShifter, Weapons Master, and Champion of Torm (WOTC could not grant approval of a [10-level] Divine Champion [as it went against their PnP description] but they approved the 10-level Champion of Torm (which is basically a 10-level Divine Champion)). There is also one unnamed PrC

Tilesets: Four (all underdark related)

Level Cap: 40 (The expansion is likely going to take you to 25th level)

Feats:

Energy Resistance;
Type of Feat: Defensive
Prerequisite: 21st level
Specifics: The character gains resistance 10 to the specific type of energy named form of damage. This feat may be taken multiple times, to a maximum of 100.
Use: Automatic.

Great Char, Con, Dex, Int, Str or Wis;
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: 21st level
Specifics: The character gains a +1 to their chosen ability. This may be taken multiple times, to a maximum of +10.
Use: Automatic.

Whirlwind Attack;
Type of Feat: General
Prerequisite: Intelligence 13+, Expertise, Dexterity 13+, Dodge, Mobility, base attack of +4 or higher and Spring Attack.
Specifics: The character performs a full attack action, and makes one melee attack at full base attack bonus against each opponent within 5 feet.
Use: Selected.

Epic Reputation and Armor Skin (no details available)

Henchmen: Ability to have more than ONE henchman in your group is now possible; Deekin returns, as do Daelan Red-Tiger, the half-orc barbarian, and Linu Lanaeral, the elf cleric from the original NWN campaign

New Weapons: Dwarven WarAxe and Whips

Monsters: 16 total including Beholder, Mind Flayer, Drider, Spider Demon, Dracolich (! check the screen shots), Mithral and Adamantine Golems (from gamespot preview)

Spells: Hordes of the Underdark introduces over 40 new spells, which will be revealed in weekly updates. Here are three:

Crumble (Druid 6)

This spell inflicts 1d6 points of damage per caster level to a selected Construct to a maximum of 15d6. This spell does not affect living creatures.

Flame Weapon (Wiz/Sorc 2)

Gives a melee weapon 1d4 fire damage +1 per caster level to a maximum of +10. If you or your target dual-wield and your main weapon either is magical or has some spell cast on it, this spell will target the off-hand weapon.

Undeath to Death (Wiz/Sorc/Cleric 6)

This spell slays 1d4 HD worth of undead creatures per caster level (maximum 20d4). Creatures with the fewest HD are affected first; among creatures with equal HD, those closest to the point of origin of the burst are affected first.

The bioware site has more details on these. [img]smile.gif[/img]

New Voicesets

New Music

PLUS: Extra toolset functionality and the in game ability to unlock the camera and reset the angle (!)

Feel free to add additional information to this list. Sorry if this has been repeated elswhere but I thought a synopsis was needed. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 08-27-2003, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 08-27-2003, 08:49 PM   #2
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

That's great, Micah! New reasons to champ at the bit for December and HotU. I may look forward to Christmas for the first time in I don;t know when. Beleve me, I am going higher than 24th level, since Vickey is 20th, now. We need an XP cap remover!
Old 08-28-2003, 07:57 AM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

Thanks for the heads up Micah! [img]smile.gif[/img]

When it states that a likely level to finish is 25th, is this assuming an imported character from the official single player campaign, or is this assuming starting the expansion with a fresh character?
Old 08-28-2003, 08:08 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer

Jim,

The expected 25th level cap is assuming you start with a character from SoU.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 08-28-2003, 08:09 AM   #5
Jim
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Jim,

Ahh, great thanks! I finished SoU on about level 13 IIRC, so looks like it's going to be a pretty large expansion [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 08-28-2003, 08:28 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim:
quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Jim,

Ahh, great thanks! I finished SoU on about level 13 IIRC, so looks like it's going to be a pretty large expansion [img]smile.gif[/img] . [/QUOTE]You're Welcome. [img]smile.gif[/img] I finished at the same level. I seem to recall that Dave Gaider of Bioware said something about the start of HoTU being geared for 13th to 15th level characters.

Old 08-28-2003, 08:43 AM   #7
Legolas
Jack Burton

Wasn't there some module building competition going on to make the best module spanning the gap between where the player ends up at the end of SoU (no need for a spoiler here) and the beginning of HoTU, the Yawning portal in Waterdeep?
I'm sure you'd pick up a few levels of XP there as well.
Old 08-28-2003, 10:53 AM   #8
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Legolas yes there is one at NWVault. A friend and myself are working on ideas for it even now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
It is a challenge. You have to move the players from the end of SOU to just outside of waterdeep and not have them go up more than a couple of levels at the most.

Hum. Nice challenge for a designer.

Granamere
Old 08-28-2003, 02:04 PM   #9
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, when you guys finish the transition from you-know-where to Waterdeep, I hope you post it here. Is there a link?
Old 08-28-2003, 03:02 PM   #10
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

UM currently It is in the pre Alpha phase. We are coming up with the plot and locations. Both are pretty well defined. Next we have to do a light story board of the idea. Then do a rough draft of the maps. As soon as we do finish it yes I will post a link.
Thanks for the interest! The main reason I posted the info was so that other people that like to build modules could build one also. [img]smile.gif[/img] Heck this could be a good reason to try building your first one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere

[ 08-28-2003, 03:04 PM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Closed Thread