Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2002, 02:25 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:
quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
What do you mean lawful evil???
Aribeth is a paladin.
In later chapters she gives you her sword?? her sword is holy avenger or its just another sword?? dou you mean holy avenger is not great sword(2-handed) I'm confusued!!!!
My apologies. I thought most everyone here knew the story of Aribeth. I should have marked it spoiler. If you have not gotten to that part of the story, I will leave well enough alone.[/QUOTE]Tobbin, that's a pretty MAJOR spoiler, dude. I've edited your post.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 03:24 AM   #12
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Biggus spilers dude!!

Tobbin! Iīm gonna bid a furball for your in the bid for IW members thread so we can go out and have too many bears!

Seriously, Holy Avenger in the PnP game used to be longswords, and if you dopnīt like it.. Edit it!

Damn, Iīm going frantic if I canīt find that Aurora toolset book soon

Donīt eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 04:14 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
Biggus spilers dude!!

Tobbin! Iīm gonna bid a furball for your in the bid for IW members thread so we can go out and have too many bears!

Seriously, Holy Avenger in the PnP game used to be longswords, and if you dopnīt like it.. Edit it!

All the Holy Avenger ability in NWN does is give 1d6 Divine damage AFAIK. If you try and build Carsomyr the way it was built in BG2 nobody will ever be able to wield it - it will be Level 27 or something.

Old 08-22-2002, 04:18 AM   #14
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
quote:
Biggus spilers dude!!

All the Holy Avenger ability in NWN does is give 1d6 Divine damage AFAIK. If you try and build Carsomyr the way it was built in BG2 nobody will ever be able to wield it - it will be Level 27 or something. [/QUOTE]Hehe, well apart from all my spelling errors in above post.. (sorry, head is tired, too hot and alot of other excuses) the level requirements is IMHO crap in the light of PnP but probably a good thing versus Munchkin players online.

The thing is I think at least that if you have the true character line edited in the NWN.ini file you can use items regardless of this level check.. Tada!

Well, some item s are incredibly strong, whereas others are very good, but also very very weak. I mean the colak that gives a +1/5 soak damage and protection.. How many monsters at CR7 can hurt you plentifully any way?? And it takes away most of your hard earned money...

Old 08-22-2002, 06:30 AM   #15
Whailor

Actually, I created the Holy Avenger sword in NWN, and yes, no one can wield it, it's level will be 47. Well, depending on what dispell you use there, that is, Dispell or Greater Dispell. At least I tried to make it as exact as possible, had the desc open when creating it

As for weapon type, then Carsomyr +5 is no doubtedly a Greatsword. Simply in NWN the smaller races use bastard swords as 2H swords. Sure, Aribeth was an elf, and elves are marked as "medium" race, but in the game elves seem to use bastard swords as 2H ones.

For fun and giggles I created few BG2 weapons, and scattered them throughout the game, as loot from big mobs or additional quest rewards of harder quests. Most of BG2 weapons, even in NWN, had totally reasonable level requirements (lvl 13-20) and thus were quite useable. I simply didn't like how some weapons looked in NWN, and also missed some weapons, which became dear for me in BG2

SPOILERISH:
I didn't kill her to get her weapon. The thing I liked to do throughout the game was to disarm the opponent (Improved Disarm) and then beat the lights out of them with their own weapons. It's fun to disarm them, pick up their weapon and then go into Parry mode. Then, when they attack me and I Riposte, they get a taste of their own weapon. Eh, fun heheh.. But I am - at times - a reasonable person, and did not kill all the opponents. You can make deals sometimes Was a funny fight, for example, with Meldanen. Sounds were like:

Meldanen attacks: *screams* Rrargh!
Me: Parry *clang*
Me: Riposte *smack!*
Meldanen: *screams* Oww!

Me: *Attack Of Opportunity* *smack!*
Meldanen: *screams* Owie!

Meldanen attacks: *screams* Aargh!
Me: Parry *clang*
Me: Riposte *smack!*
Meldanen: *screams* Ouch!

Quite a cacophony heheh.. Oh well, I love Parry.
Old 08-22-2002, 06:30 AM   #16
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Hımmmm so aribeth's sword is not the "real" holy avenger right? Holy avenger was +5 sword %50 magic res. dispel magic every hit +10 additional damage to chaotic evil opponents. what about this divine damage only 1d6??

I'M focusing,specializing on longsword and great sword. maybe I should go with great sword and bastard sword??
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 07:16 AM   #17
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Hehe, well apart from all my spelling errors in above post.. (sorry, head is tired, too hot and alot of other excuses) the level requirements is IMHO crap in the light of PnP but probably a good thing versus Munchkin players online.
This is one of the main reasons it was implemented. That, and the possibility that if someone ended up with a vorpal blade or Staff of Power at 3rd level it might unbalance the game a bit.

Quote:

The thing is I think at least that if you have the true character line edited in the NWN.ini file you can use items regardless of this level check.. Tada!
This is fine for singleplayer. Another thing you can do, if you want to play singleplayer using the MP Client, is to switch off the Item Level Restrictions for your server, which will allow you to use items regardless of level. But don't expect to be able to use them in many of the online games people have (except for the munchkin PvP ones which switch this option off, where victory is determined by how powerful a weapon you can put together).

Old 08-22-2002, 07:25 AM   #18
WOLFGIR

Well the reason I found this out was because before I went to holliday, I changed my INI file and have never reflected about this when I saw tha level limit and thought.. What the heck Iīm not supposed to be able to use this but well.. thoose nasty Mummies are sure gonna get their wrapped booties whacked hard...

And so I never reflected upon it until I tried an amulette that I call Vampires gift which is not too powerful, costs around 5k gold and gives you some minor help, but gives for instance a fighter the use of vampiric touch and darkness once per day, a +1 to charisma and +1 to persuade. The thing is that the level requirement on this one was like er level 5 or something, whereas my munchkin sword that was left in a chest in my mod had level 23 *whistels* and I could use both with a level 1 guy..

Well well. Tough to balance the items since the restrictions isnīt really doing anything for the total magic in the item, which makes a big difference from the PnP rules. Well I will soon get the hang of it!

I do have tons of small items that is good and not overbalanced, just to add a once per day use of something can be really worth it for your character, like a cloak of shadows, +5 to hide and move silently and use of ultravision and darkness once per day..

Old 08-22-2002, 08:52 AM   #19
AndyG
Elminster

Can't make a magic item a plot item, and that way the level limit wasn't applied to it?
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 09:46 AM   #20
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyG:
Can't make a magic item a plot item, and that way the level limit wasn't applied to it?
Not anymore...that loophole was closed in patch 1.20, thank heavens.

Keep in mind that if you switch item level requirements OFF, you can use any item as long as you play either singleplayer or multi on your own server. Nothing wrong with people creating high-level items for their own use on their server or their SP game, but I would think that most server hosts (and fellow multiplayers) would not appreciate some player bringing in a local character with a Level 47 plot item greatsword.

Most server hosts now change the default OnEnter script to strip any plot items from PCs, which mean that even if you have a "legit" plot item like the Amulet of the Red Tiger from the Official Campaign, or something as innocuous as a key - it will either strip this from you or prevent you from connecting.

[ 08-22-2002, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]