Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2003, 12:35 PM   #1
DavidL
Dungeon Master

There are only two rooms I can't seem to get into on the second level of teh ice temple. The one with teh branch in the door I now know I can telepert into via the painting. The other one (I think) is one of the triplets' bedroom, and the other one is a little box of a room with a shadow I teleported into with the painting (luckily I saved before I went there...I couldn't figure it out.) CAn anyone give me some hints as to how to access the bedroom? And maybe a hint as to how to deal with the shadow room.

BTW, I asked Nicodemus for help already, if that's one option. I fried that electrical machine that rotates and opens doors. I had to ask for his help then...
DavidL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 02:15 PM   #2
dragonslayer
Manshoon

how about maiing a search, i know i've answered a couple of times already, and i'm fairly newish here, just look around in the last couple of days posts. [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 02-10-2003, 03:32 PM   #3
zakharak
The Magister

I personally enjoy the thrill of figuring things out on my own. Thats what makes this game fun.

But as far as the broken lightning machine, Nicodemus should tell you something about the Battle Square room, something about a "Maintenance Setting" on the game board. You should be fine.

late skate
Old 02-14-2003, 08:40 AM   #4
Irongrinder

Spoiler
One room (the treasure room) will only become available after defeating the priestess there (there will be a new possibility at the painting)
Irongrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #5
DavidL
Dungeon Master

I remember trying a search, Dragonslayer, but I must have misspelled something, because I came up empty. I suppose I should have caught on when there were NO results for my search, but I didn't... I suppose that was just another gaff in a long line of blunders I made that day, including the one that one that prompted you to make a response that was obviously meant solely as a rebuke. I think I can say that because you could have answered my question in as much time as it took you to reply. Let me say, as someone who has been visiting these boards through Baldur's Gate, BG/SOA, BG/TOB, IWD, and now IWDII, that I'm glad that you feel comfortable enough, even as a self-proclaimed "newbie," to spend our valuable time scolding other members.

And I agree zakharak... I like figuring things out myself, too. That's why I asked for a hint about the shadow room instead of a solution for it. And as you predicted, I am fine.

Maybe I am being touchy, but I think I get enough scolding in my real life. I like visiting these boards because it's a nice break from that. I enjoy the questions, the company, the stimulation, and even reading the bantering, so I'll make every effort not to make such a disturbing blunder again.

Cheers,

DL
DavidL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 12:32 PM   #6
zakharak
The Magister

Well, to be completely honest DavidL:

I have no idea where you are talking about! I know i have been through the ice temple, and now am on my way to Ch 6 but, do you think i would remember all those little things? Heh, nope.

This probably won't help, and it's maybe a stupid rambling post that goes on and on and on and on and... but i guess i could say, that when you are stuck, try the journal, and look way back and read everything, there is bound to be something in there about your ice temple painting door staircase thing. OH, i like to write things down, on paper, like orders of things, and places certain paintings transport me when i say different things, so as not to forget ten minutes later, when i get back to the game with coffee in hand.

Another good implement that IWD2 has that IWD didn't was the feature on the map, where you can write click, and more or less drop a "pinecone" a feature GPS uses so you don't get lost. and at that "pinecone" you can type a quick note about that particular place on the map, to remind you when times come.

Lates