Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2003, 08:09 AM   #1
DavidL
Dungeon Master

Ok...stupid question thta probably has an easy answer... I've just cleared the docks, killed teh mage dressed in rags, and gone to the palisades. I got teh wheel from Jorun back at the docks and went back to the palisades. That little dwarf who is fixing the fence told me to "take it up the cliff and click it into place." I'm trying to find the cliff to climb!! Where do I take this darned wheel?? Is it on the palisades screen? Town? Docks...? (I doubt it). Help!

ALso, I have a teifling (-ie-?) sorcerer who can't use his spells (or scrolls). I assume that since he gains levels slower than others, when he passes 3000 (the next level of experience on his info screen) he'll be able to use them... True?

TVMIA

D
DavidL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 08:13 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Sorcerers use charisma to cast spells. To cast a spell, you need a charisma or 10+level of the spell.

As for the wheel, just go where the merchant is, then just south of him is the broken wheel. Put the new one in it. (it's a container)

[ 01-06-2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Luvian ]
Old 01-06-2003, 08:44 AM   #3
DavidL
Dungeon Master

Thanks. I'm unfamiliar with 3rd edition rules, so I had no idea about the charisma thing... I know his charisma is low. Would you suggest ditching him and creating another one?

Also, when you say "the merchant," do you mean the girl (Diedre?) in the town? Or is there another one in another section?
Old 01-06-2003, 09:09 AM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Humm.. Just a litle est of the inn, there is a fat man wandering around, he is the one.

Yes, you should reroll your sorcerer. You can delete the character and create another one without having to restart the game, just look in the manual for more info.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2003, 09:18 AM   #5
DavidL
Dungeon Master

Muchos Gracias, senor. I'll re-roll that twink (ugly twink...) soon.
Old 01-06-2003, 01:10 PM   #6
xanderwatts
The Magister

To cast any spell you need you need 10+spell level in the primary casting ability. For wizards it's INT, for Bard's and sorcorers its CHA, and for clerics, druids, rangers and paladins it's WIS.
So, for a sorcorer to cast a fourth level spell, say stoneskin, he needs 14 points of Charisma.
Old 08-06-2003, 06:53 AM   #7
Shakesphere
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You would find the bickering wood merchant next to the fem fatale arms dealer's shop. The wooden contraption fixed to the cliff face is actually a box into which you put the wheel. Volah! The wheel is in place.