Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2001, 04:45 PM   #141
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramon de Ramon y Ramon:
Miss DragonMage , may I ask if you were directly personally affected by this week's tragic events ? Do you have family or friends in either DC or NYC ?
Well, fortunately, dear Ramon, those that I know came out OK. I have family that live in upstate NY and my cousin, in particular, visits that area frequently. I was so very worried he was there. And his grandmother (my aunt) who is raising him has emphesyma and is on oxygen. Something like this could very well seriously cause her harm. We didn't hear from them for days. No responses to e-mail and all that. We FINALLY heard from them Thursday. Also, my uncle lives in New Jersey. He flies frequently on business trips and we thought he might have been on the plane that was hijacked from there. Fortunately (for him), his company had bumped him up to the Monday morning flight and he was already (and still is) in California. But even if I hadn't had family to worry about, I am VERY sensitive to others' suffering. My heart has broken several times over the last few days thinking of others' losses. My heart goes out to them and I wish that there was something I could do to make it all have never happened, but I can't. So I see them on T.V. crying for their loved ones and friends and I just HURT so much. Most of the time I can divert myself and not think of it, but when I lay down to go to sleep I see their faces streaked with tears and it just eats me up sometimes. Sorry, shouldn't have really brought this here to the cafe. Especially when I know there are others out there suffering much more than I could ever imagine.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. {and occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy }*
Old 09-15-2001, 04:49 PM   #142
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
its a personal variation. most of the time its pronounced like Colin, but Colin Powell decides to be different and pronounce it like Colon. i like to use a variation of his name (Colon POW) when i give some ppl nicknames...

Thanks, Sephiroth! I like to know little details like this that have been nagging at me. I can forget about it now, instead of keeping on wondering, lol!

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 04:56 PM   #143
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

I may be late on the scene, but at least I know what to do about the critters in the kitchen. Yeeeehaaaaar - move along there little dogies

------------------
Regards

Mouse

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 04:59 PM   #144
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Thanks, Sephiroth! I like to know little details like this that have been nagging at me. I can forget about it now, instead of keeping on wondering, lol!
Oh! It's so GOOD to know I'm not the only one who will let a seeming 'small' detail bug the bejeezers out of me until I ferret out an answer.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. {and occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy }*
Old 09-15-2001, 05:02 PM   #145
Lioness
Jack Burton

Hey J'er I found it!!! Here is our first conversation in one of the first cafes.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No.../002249-3.html

teehee, this is really funny!
EDIT: the third cafe to be exact. (I love this search option! I never used it before.)
------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel

[This message has been edited by Lioness (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 05:15 PM   #146
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

LOL, seems so long ago, dosen't it

You know, i think i've got a wee bit of that haggis left over....

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 05:16 PM   #147
Lioness
Jack Burton

Goodbye, everyone! I am going to visit my Grampy now. I will maybe be back on later, or else I will see you all tommorow. Goodnight!

P.S. Not now, 'romey! sigh...memories BYE!

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-15-2001, 05:18 PM   #148
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
Goodbye, everyone! I am going to visit my Grampy now. I will maybe be back on later, or else I will see you all tommorow. Goodnight!

P.S. Not now, 'romey! sigh...memories BYE!

Goodbye Furry Hi...er, m'lady!
Come back soon.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 05:24 PM   #149
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Oh! It's so GOOD to know I'm not the only one who will let a seeming 'small' detail bug the bejeezers out of me until I ferret out an answer.

LOL! I've always been that way! Which is why I have such a LOT of trivial information stuffed into my head!

------------------

Old 09-15-2001, 05:24 PM   #150
Kaz

G'bye Lioness!
I'm afraid I need to go now too! Bedtime!
Good night!

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe