Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2001, 09:44 PM   #1
Nostron
Manshoon

hi, i just finished the game once through with the Monk and now iam starting a new game. i want to be a thief but i don't really know what race, class,single, dual or multi.
so if u guys have some suggestion it would really be appreacited.
thanx
ohhh by the way i had this post in the old forum. so for people who read this twice sorrie.=)

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-01-2001, 09:54 PM   #2
azuth

Best thief race would be halfling, the class depends on what you want you character to do.
most people will probly suggest a dual with fighter or mage, for the attacking streagh and spell power once you improved your lock and traps skills to around 60-80%. multi might not be a good ideal due to the slow level gain, but the chocie is really up to you.

P.s. I'll post thisin your other post too.

Old 03-02-2001, 12:18 AM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you want a more powerful fighter type thief, start off with a human fighter (or Kensai) and dual to a thief, thieves gain level very quickly compared with other classes and you should be able to regain your fighter advantages fairly soon.
If you want to be able to cast spells and ware item like Amulet of Power, then you would want to use a thief and dual to a mage. The reason to dual from a theif is because generally thieves gain more hitpoint than mages. I would either recommand dualing to mage from either a swashbuckler (spelling??) or a pure class theif. Swashbuckler is great since you are more fighter type, but you have no bonus to backstab.
If you want to dual from a thief to a fighter, than I would recommend the assassin. Poison is really great against some critters. The only problem is that they only have (if I am correct) 15 points to distribute when leveled up.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-02-2001, 10:35 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Nostron:
hi, i just finished the game once through with the Monk and now iam starting a new game. i want to be a thief but i don't really know what race, class,single, dual or multi.
so if u guys have some suggestion it would really be appreacited.
thanx
ohhh by the way i had this post in the old forum. so for people who read this twice sorrie.=)

If you are looking for a general allpurpose thief a swashbuckler is a good choice, especially if you like doing a lot of stuff yourself - like scouting ahead, opening locks, and fighting. You can't backstab though is the only downside.

Dualing from a swashbuckler to a mage is also a good option.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-02-2001, 12:58 PM   #5
jimbo30

I prefer human, duel-class fighter thief. Got to 9 as a fighter then switched to thief. Its great fun and you get better hp, thaco, and more weapon proficiency. Multi class can be fun, but you have more limitations.

Old 03-02-2001, 04:56 PM   #6
Hesperex

I would agree with Accord about the Kensai dualed to a thief, curently my favourite class. Also the assassin is very good, and the poison is letal, it's particularly good against mages as Accord said.

------------------

Old 03-02-2001, 05:28 PM   #7
Nostron
Manshoon

Thanx guys, i decided to go multi though cause i sorta wanted to grow in both classes. iam an elf-fighter/thief. enjoying it so far but next time around i think i'll try the assasin dual to fighter. just like accord said.

------------------
Mess with the best Die like the Rest!!
Old 03-03-2001, 01:00 PM   #8
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I would REALLY advice you from choosing a multiclassed fighter/thief if you haven't removed xcap. A fighter/mage/thief will stop at almost the same levels.
The fighter will stop at 1 less level, the thief will stop at 2 lesser levels, and the mage ...well, the mage will be able to cast one level 6 spell. This means that in comparison to the fighter/thief, the fighter/mage/thief will lose 50 thief-skill points, 1 proficiency point and one THACO.

I am currently playing a fighter/mage/thief going solo, and it is really, REALLY a great combination.
Old 03-03-2001, 01:05 PM   #9
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

El_kalkylus, nice to see you here ... I see you are still having fun with your fighter/mage/thief.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-03-2001, 01:23 PM   #10
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks Accord.
Yes, el_kalkylus is getting more powerful every week. I think I will complete the game with this one, it is going a lot faster with one player than with 4-6 players. 8)