Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2003, 01:01 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

A friend of mine circulated this info on a mailing list I'm in. I did find my own name and birthday listed under two different zips where I've lived, so you might want to check for yourselves and if you don't want to be listed, follow the instructions below.

My friend said that you have to be a "plus member" of the Birthday site to see more info but she understood that they had Social Security numbers as well and that identity thieves LOVE this site.

SUBJECT: ONLINE PUBLIC RECORDS

I'm writing to you to tell you about a dangerous web site named www.ANYBIRTHDAY.COM http://www.ANYBIRTHDAY.COM>

a web site that may have your personal information on it including your
address and SS#! Apparently, thieves are taking this info for not so birthday "ish" uses. I did find my name and info, and you can delete the information by following this procedure.

Go to www.ANYBIRTHDAY.COM http://www.ANYBIRTHDAY.COM

1.) CLICK ON SEARCH.
2.) ENTER YOUR NAME, BUT NO ZIP CODE (SOMETIMES THEY ARE WRONG)
3.) CLICK FIND BIRTHDAY. IF YOU FIND YOUR NAME AND BIRTHDAY, WRITE IT DOWN EXACTLY LIKE THEY HAVE IT.

4.) CLICK ON FAQ.
5.) CLICK PRIVACY STATEMENT.
6.) CLICK OPT OUT OPTION.
7.) ENTER INFO.
8.) CLICK REMOVE.
WAIT 10 - 15 MINUTES, AND GO BACK AND MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS GONE.

[ 03-09-2003, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 03-10-2003, 08:27 AM   #2
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks for the information, Cloudy. I try to do an ego-surfing once a year at least for my name, SS#, phone number, and address just to make sure it's not out there. Thanks for helping me remove me from another site.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:33 AM   #3
Irongrinder

Is that site even legal?