Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 07:57 PM   #11
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Silver Cheetah:
Hey dude - How do you know?? Guess she must have told you (I haven't read all the threads yet....). Yup, that's ma mommy, - I'm proud to say!

Re Greenpeace - it's going well, except we've had to cool the Stopesso campaign for obvious reasons. I got arrested on an Esso action a few weeks ago - very dramatic - the police cut through a big steel crate that I was in, that was barricading the entrance to esso's distribution plant in Essex, UK. They were pretty nice though - many of the UK police are GP members themselves.....

Glad to hear you contribute, - it all helps!

Hmmm . . . it takes some of the fun out of demonstrations if the police don't club you at least a little. It's like they don't take you seriously or something. j/k
Old 09-17-2001, 08:09 PM   #12
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Hmmm . . . it takes some of the fun out of demonstrations if the police don't club you at least a little. It's like they don't take you seriously or something. j/k
Well, ACTUALLY one policewoman did stamp on my foot really hard and I had a big bruise that didn't go away for days and days (sad face) but everyone else was dead nice. (That's because GP is always non violent, and they know it. Makes life a lot easier and safer for them.)

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 08:13 PM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

G'night, Silver feline! Can't keep eyes open any more!

------------------

Old 09-17-2001, 08:15 PM   #14
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
OMG!! I had no idea. I seem to remember Fjlotsdale mentioning something back in the day about how she was worried her daughter would be arrested at a Greenpeace demonstration. LOL, what a small world. I guess that wisdom and a talent for writing are family traits .

Tee hee!! Well, she kept telling me what a wonderful forum it was - I'm like... yeah, yeah.....

Finally got interested when I went to visit her for a few days, - any time I turned round or stopped to draw breath, - voom!!! she was gone, vanished upstairs to chat on the forum. In the end, I just had to have a look at it to see what was so special. Losing out to a board, well.........!

But then I got hooked too! Although I do make strenuous efforts not to come on too much, as it seems to get in the way of my life to a degree that I just hadn't anticipated.... But I just can't resist, great people, great debates... What's the cure, anyone know? (No, of course you don't, other wise you wouln't be reading this, would you LOL!)

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 08:16 PM   #15
Absynthe

Yorick, good post, and something I've been thinking a lot about lately. What I've noticed is that the contributions of younger members who are wise beyond their years seem to be on the rise in our little world of IW. I'm so happy to see that happening.
As to the elderly juveniles, my hope is that they will eventually go the way of the Dodo and the boojum, and softly and silently vanish away...
Hmmmmm...... Fljotsdale begat Silver Cheetah? Not too surprisingly, it seems the apple fell not far from the tree, though one seems to be the golden apple of the sun, while the other is the silvere apple of the moon.

Old 09-17-2001, 08:16 PM   #16
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
G'night, Silver feline! Can't keep eyes open any more!

Goodnight gorgeous! And sogni d'oro!

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 08:19 PM   #17
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Hey dude - How do you know?? Guess she must have told you (I haven't read all the threads yet....). Yup, that's ma mommy, - I'm proud to say!

She mentioned it in the now locked Ignorant People thread. My response is on page 9 of that thread
Old 09-17-2001, 08:22 PM   #18
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Absynthe:

Hmmmmm...... Fljotsdale begat Silver Cheetah? Not too surprisingly, it seems the apple fell not far from the tree, though one seems to be the golden apple of the sun, while the other is the silvere apple of the moon.
Ooh, Absynthe, you of the delicately pointed smooth and silver tongue, you..... Don't stop........

------------------
Old 09-17-2001, 08:31 PM   #19
Absynthe

Quote:
Ooh, Absynthe, you of the delicately pointed smooth and silver tongue, you..... Don't stop........

I'll never stop, dear! I keep hoping that flattery will get me somewhere.... not that I would consider what I said to be flattery, as I do hold you and your mum in the highest regard.

Old 09-17-2001, 08:32 PM   #20
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
She mentioned it in the now locked Ignorant People thread. My response is on page 9 of that thread
I just went and had a look. Thanks Dio! And yes, she's a very cool mom. More like a sister than a mom really, in lots of ways. We talk a lot on the phone, I think over the past week we've spoken every night, about our fears and sorrows in regard to what has happened, as well as other, happier chats. That's nice, and I think I'm very lucky that we have such a good relationship.

It hasn't always been like that, - but we've both worked at it very hard over the years, and it's paid off big time!

------------------