Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2003, 06:33 AM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I was looking over a few characters in my data and I think, with ShadowKeeper, I can change them up a bit and put them to better use than what the game has them for. Tell me what you all think.

Valgar- Wizard Slayer
He talks about he doesn't like magic and considers most, if not all of it, to be evil. IIRC, Wizard Slayers can pierce a wizard's spell protections as a natural class ability. So combine Valgar with CF+5 and Acid Kanata+4 and he'll be the greatest wizard slayer.

Imoen- Elven Bladesinger
I was browsing up on the Imoen Romance mod and in a certain part, it showed how she could be a bard, or one class that can be a thief and a mage. I'm nto too sure if Bladesingers still have the same abilities as a thief, but she is able to become a better character in face to face combat and a better mage.

Nalia- Monk
I always saw Nalia as not being all that powerful, and if you already have Imoen in your party, you don't need a thief/mage dual class. So, I figured I'd make her a decent tank and turn her into a monk. (Why you ask? For one, you don't get a monk NPC in the game, and another being what I said about the theif/mage dual class)

Korgan- Barbarian
Minsc is already (well, "technically" speaking) a beserker, plus I always saw Korgan being a barbarian anyway.

That's all I have so far. May be out of the ordinary but thats why they made SK.

Later
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 06:51 AM   #2
Sparhawk, Warrior of the light
Dungeon Master

I think people over look Minsc in the fact that he is still a ranger with all the abilities of a ranger he can hide in the shadows as good as any, and with two points in bows is an awesome marksman so he can make an awesome in combo with boots of speed makes a good hit and run and come back and hit again but this tactics will only work on melee attackers and some mages its a good way to pick off larger sometimes more powerful groups of attackers and also you can use him too bring or bait an opponent a distance a way from their group and have your party hit them with everything youve got, just a thought.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:22 AM   #3
ShadowChild
Manshoon

Aye thats what i do with Minsc, he's got the boots of speed, a nice +3 Elven Bow...so arm him with arrows of piercing and he can take down most things before they get too close...also i've given him Liralcor and the MOD...very nice!!
Never violate a woman nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.<br /><br /><i>Druss The Legend</i>
ShadowChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 04:47 PM   #4
Tancred
White Dragon

Not to mention - Minsc is a Ranger, and therefore an excellent dual-wielder. I ended up training him to use axes, and gave him a magic throwing axe too (adds his colossal natural strength bonus to damage). Minsc rocks!

Someone once asked why they never gave Anomen the Priest of Helm special abilites. It's a damn good question. Ok, dual-classing doesn't allow you to mix kits much, but there are a few characters already who disobey the rules (Minsc's special 'Rage', Edwin's extra spells, Mazzy's extra abilities) so why stop there, eh?
Old 03-25-2003, 11:25 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Hey, I'm not saying Minsc is a bad character, he's been one of my best tanks. Though I just want to know if the other NPC ideas would help fit the characters a little bit better (or help them anyway).
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote