Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2003, 12:02 PM   #1
darac
Dungeon Master

I can't leave Academy. When I go through the door and PC starts loading a next level, NWN crash. I have XP. I tried with patche 1.27 , with friends cds but its always the same. Please help
Old 01-17-2003, 12:42 PM   #2
realbinky
Elminster

Reinstall
Old 01-17-2003, 01:24 PM   #3
quietman1920

I didn't want to complain before, but does anybody else's sound skip during NPC speeches? example:

"the lush forrest seemed darker and more sinister than he remembered."

becomes:

Old 01-17-2003, 03:34 PM   #4
darac
Dungeon Master

I did it about 25 times
Old 01-17-2003, 04:47 PM   #5
Sir Kenyth
Fzoul Chembryl

Mine too! My guess is my cheap on-board sound hardware. The good stuff has memory to buffer with.

Quote:
Originally posted by quietman1920:
I didn't want to complain before, but does anybody else's sound skip during NPC speeches? example:

becomes:

Old 01-20-2003, 04:06 AM   #6
Legolas
Jack Burton

I have XP and managed just fine both with and without patch 1.27. So it's either the CD, but if you tried using your friends' as well that's unlikely, or the settings. Try toning them down a bit and see if that does the trick.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:43 AM   #7
quietman1920

Its a brand new HP Pavillion with 512DDR RAM; it should be able to run 10 NWN games (If I had 10 CD drives). No Matter; I'll just assume that in middle earth many people stutter.

Second Question: I have a laptop that I take with me when I'm not home. My NWN CD always stays at the home PC. As the Key is in the manual, not the CD, would it be possible to burn a copy of the CD onto a blank CD and run it from my laptop during lunch? Or is there a way to install NWN so that you don't need the CD in the drive?
Old 02-02-2003, 11:21 AM   #8
darac
Dungeon Master

huh! it was just drivers
Old 02-03-2003, 07:01 PM   #9
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Currently with the 1.27 patch I am running a burnt cd with the game and it works fine. I hate using the real cd for this because I forget to put it back in it cd case. When I just need to put this X cd in for a minute I will put the NWN play cd right back in. After I have sat my coke or box or whatever I am doing on it ten times. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Granamere
I do not support the coping of ant software. I own two copies of NWN. One the normal edition the other is the collector's edition.
Old 02-03-2003, 07:40 PM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Making a copy of the game onto another disk is illegal, even if it is used only by the individual that has purchased the game.

The webmaster is very strict about discussion of this sort on his forum, so I have to close this thread.

Anymore discussion about it out in the open like this will get your accounts banned.
Closed Thread