Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2002, 01:15 AM   #1
D*one
Manshoon

and the witch who turned me into a boogre!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so there I was minding my own business again, when I crept up on a j.l. (no not jennifer lopez) Right before I could cast my icestorm, I was lucky to see that they had noticed me and wanted to take a closer look. As soon as I could I cast my icestorm but luckily the spell fizzled AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHhhh hhhhhhh!!!!!!!!1

Is it possible to use the invisible spell and them not notice me when I sneek up or is that just an illusion for me not to see my crew???

I need help with them, there is practically no where to hide or run.......

Peace

edited only to add

Hmmm, now that I have calmed down a bit I do remember that my preist has vine of life.....I wonder if that would help me a bunch....I shall experiment with both that and invisibility....

[ 03-12-2002: Message edited by: D*one ]

D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 01:57 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm reminded of the words of a friend of mine, telling me how he trapped skunks. "When you see them in the trap, stand about two miles away and shoot. Come back in a couple of days to pick it up."

Remember you can cast your spells from a distance. My preferred approach is to get my favorite spell ready (I like firestorm against mutant veggies), move the mouse around in the darkness, and click as soon as I see red (identification, that is).

Another option is backpedalling as fast as possible. Hopefully, they come into a room where you can be prepared for them.

It doesn't hurt to have everyone with an offensive spell. Even something as simple as flamedrop will keep them occupied long enough for you to cast another storm spell.

I never saw much benefit from invisibility, but hiding in shadows works on most everything. Hmmmm.... as I think back, it seems that lilies and mantraps are not part of "most"...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 02:15 AM   #3
D*one
Manshoon

Up date.....

I just finished them off in the room to the left of where priscila??? is standing....unfortunately for her and luckily for me, she blocked their way back.....so I was able to fight them from a distance. I am not sure if it was becausse of her or the fact taht I was father down the hallway.......

I know that the first time I came across them, I inched towards the corner just before they could see me but they ended up always being alert to my presence.

Now that I had finished off that set, I have to face another set, hmmm maybe it was the one from before, but I am not holding my breath.

I nearly ran out of all my mana potion (ie max or reg).

I figured that I was going to die anyways so I went up close to the 1st set of lilies and just hacked away (knowing full well this was suicide). but as stated before they could not follow me because of the pedestrian that was in the way.

Until next time.....thanks for the tips.....

P.S. I did find out that the negate magic scroll worked wonders on one of them.....he he he....

PEACE [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2002, 03:18 PM   #4
Skog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I found an easy way to do in the JL in the boogre caves was to place an empty chest in hall and then back up a bit. They would be stopped by the chest and I could sit back and plummet them with spells and then rest up to regain mana points and start the process over.

Skogkongen
Skog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 03:23 PM   #5
D*one
Manshoon

Hey thanks skog......appreciate that tip....I will try.