Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #11
Lord Shield

BBC sucks [img]tongue.gif[/img] - all they ever do is repeat stuff that was on 15 years ago - and for that we pay our TV licence [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2002, 04:45 PM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

ooh I do belive the direction that you've been put is down!
Old 06-25-2002, 04:46 PM   #13
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
because that joke was just like your television in Holland - 2 years after the Brits done it
I hope you're not refering to the BBC, we can watch that too you know and i've never seen a more preut broadcasting company than that. [/QUOTE]You're wrong there, try watching GBC (Gibraltar broadcasting coperation), now thats crap *Stands proud*
Old 06-25-2002, 05:27 PM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
I don't know if you'r aware but, when you do a text search that would produce more than zero threads, IW crashes for about a minute or so

Just call me.... The Tester
You mean if a search comes back with ANY result, you say it crashes the forum? Hmmm.. I don't think so--I do bet that it eats up memory on the server, but it doesn't crash it [img]smile.gif[/img] DON'T SAY CRASH!! [img]smile.gif[/img] ack!

If you meant something else, lemme know! BTW, When I upgrade this forum software it will have less memory intensive search features.. THAT god!

Old 06-25-2002, 05:47 PM   #15
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
You mean if a search comes back with ANY result, you say it crashes the forum? Hmmm.. I don't think so--I do bet that it eats up memory on the server, but it doesn't crash it [img]smile.gif[/img] DON'T SAY CRASH!! [img]smile.gif[/img] ack!

If you meant something else, lemme know! BTW, When I upgrade this forum software it will have less memory intensive search features.. THAT god!
Well the search I tried that came up with NO results worked. got screen with no threads. But the ones with criteria (which I knew would get the result I was after) brought IW down for a few minutes

[ 06-25-2002, 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Lord Shield ]

Old 06-25-2002, 05:50 PM   #16
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

Well the search I tried that came up with NO results worked. got screen with no threads. But the ones with criteria (which I knew would get the result I was after) brought IW down for a few minutes[/QUOTE]Ok, Don't do it again. I'll keep an eye on the logfiles for a few days, if someone is doing this on purpose... grr. I may turn off searches until I can upgrade.

Thanks for the info!

Old 06-26-2002, 01:56 AM   #17
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

I think LS is right, when I make a search I get a crashed IW

I only did it once though, and it was before LS posted this thread.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 06-26-2002, 03:33 AM   #18
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

ok, so does that mean we cant do any searches?
you realize how tempting it is to verify LS's findings dont you?
Old 06-26-2002, 03:59 AM   #19
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

err...how about the bug where is you delete your thread it won't reduce your total post?