Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2003, 01:35 PM   #11
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

LOL antryg, the crowd won't LET you stop. It looks like just a group of giant lemmings - thank goodness the highest elevation in New Orleans is Monkey Hill at the Audobon Zoo, or we could have a tragedy of epic proportions on our hands. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-24-2003, 01:35 PM   #12
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
LLAO [img]smile.gif[/img] Well , I would definately throw beads your way Ms. Willow but I will keep my tongue firmly in cheek.
Awww MagiK. You´re too nice to me! LOL! But your other post seems more general. I like it better when you only include me. LLAO!
Old 02-24-2003, 01:40 PM   #13
Micah Foehammer

Timber,

Now that is one I would have loved to have seen. lol How long ago was that? I've gotten the impression lately that the N.O.P.D. has been far less lenient with that sort of behavior from its officers and definitely from the crowd. Not so much that the "Show Us Your T..S" days are completely over, as the police can't be everywhere, but enough that they do seem to be taking a dimmer view of that.

Isn't it amazing what some people will do for a 20 cent string of cheap Taiwanese beads????? lol

[ 02-24-2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 02-24-2003, 01:46 PM   #14
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Quote:
LLAO [img]smile.gif[/img] Well , I would definately throw beads your way Ms. Willow but I will keep my tongue firmly in cheek.
Awww MagiK. You´re too nice to me! LOL! But your other post seems more general. I like it better when you only include me. LLAO! [/QUOTE]Errr if I did that, Mr. Willow might be offended

On the other hand I am of the opinion that the female form is most beautious in all its shapes and sizes...The Male form is also nice in it's own way, but I have to fight all kinds of drummed in prejudices to see it...Wimmins are just way easier for me to look at

Old 02-24-2003, 01:52 PM   #15
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, Micah, I have always found th NOPD to be rather humorless during Mardi Gras. I witnessed one cop taking a nightstick to a drunk that had punched his horse.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:54 PM   #16
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Micah: Sorry to hear that. I was at Mardi Gras in 1993 or 94 I think. Can't remember exactly. The College years are kind of "hazy" if you take my meaning. Looks like the Fun Police have been tightening the reins since then.

MagiK, Willow, here's a key to my room if you need some ... privacy. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-24-2003, 01:56 PM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
Yeah, Micah, I have always found th NOPD to be rather humorless during Mardi Gras. I witnessed one cop taking a nightstick to a drunk that had punched his horse.
So sad. About the horse I mean. Seriously, though, I thought the were cooler when I was there. I witnessed one explain to a 17-yr-old that he didn't have to pick up the beer cup he'd spilled - because that's what street cleaners were for. He then directed the youngster to the next available watering spot.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:56 PM   #18
Micah Foehammer

Don't EVER mess with a mounted police officer's horse!!! They are VERY protective of them. That particular officer was probably a closet Stormtrooper.

Old 02-24-2003, 02:02 PM   #19
Micah Foehammer

TL,

The NOPD is very much a mixed bag - like in all big cities. A lot of them are pretty helpful, but as Mardi Gras rolls into the Fat Tuesday, tempers get short. These guys are basically at it for almost two solid weeks - doing parade security and crowd control on a crowd that is almost impossible to control. On Mardi Gras day proper the French Quarter is an almost unimagineablly uncontrollable throng of upwards of 500,000 people. Considering that the greater Metro area of New Orleans is only 1 - 1.2 million proper, and that encompasses more than just Orleans parish, the cops are asked to do an almost impossible task. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2003, 02:15 PM   #20
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Errr if I did that, Mr. Willow might be offended
Be that as it may, IIRC vanity is not a sin. LLAO!

On the other hand I am of the opinion that the female form is most beautious in all its shapes and sizes...The Male form is also nice in it's own way, but I have to fight all kinds of drummed in prejudices to see it...Wimmins are just way easier for me to look at
You are officially forgiven. Colleen is lucky to have met you [img]smile.gif[/img]
Timber, [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img] . Ahh revenge, sweet revenge. LOLOL!

To clarify my view on this rather amusing topic, each man/woman to his/her own.