Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2001, 07:57 PM   #11
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
I read the topics, I just don't reply that often. On the showing off side, I read the Lord of the Rings, by myself, and wrote a book report on it in 2nd grade! So there!
Sorry for being argumentative, Lioness, I just couldn't help myself.

------------------

onthepequod

[This message has been edited by onthepequod (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 08:05 PM   #12
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Um, yes? Your point being? Half the world read that book, and a quarter probably wrote a report on it... come back after you've finished Ulysses

Melusine,

If you have the time to post over in the book review forum, I would be interested in reading what you liked about Joyce's work, as well as what you disliked.

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-25-2001, 08:14 PM   #13
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Staralfur:
I appologise in advance, but it's late and I couldn't resist.

*Swankyly walks in looking particuarly smug*

'smart woman' surely that's an oxymoron.

*Ducks and has to leave quickly as any women within a 5 mile vicinity chucks a book in his direction. Particuarly well aimed is a very nice leather bound copy of Ulysees from Melusine, and the three books from LOTR all in hard back thrown by Lioness*
Onthepequod, chuckles to himself at the thought of Staralfur's comment. Unfortunately, onthepequod was watching Staralfur duck Jocyce's work which was artfully flung by Melusine, and did not see the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy flung at himself by Lioness.

Picking himself up off the ground, onthepequod thinks to himself, *boy am I glad that was the abridged picture book version read by those in second grade.*

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-25-2001, 08:45 PM   #14
Lioness
Jack Burton

Picking himself up off the ground, onthepequod thinks to himself, *boy am I glad that was the abridged picture book version read by those in second grade.*

[/B][/QUOTE]
You demon!!!!
It was the full version, of course!!! (Is there an abridged version?!)

------------------

Official teaser and ranger of the HADB Clan
"Evil round every corner...careful not to step in any."-Minsc
"Gimme a sword, I'll win this war for you!"-Mad Martigan
Old 06-25-2001, 09:12 PM   #15
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:

You demon!!!!
It was the full version, of course!!! (Is there an abridged version?!)

Presumably. You read it in second grade, right? But I'm sure it was postured as the "full version."

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-26-2001, 09:09 AM   #16
onthepequod
Quintesson

Lioness,

What? No response to my chiding? And I so thoroughly enjoyed riling you enough to call me a “demon.” I was hoping to elicit other retorts. But alas, the fun is at an end.

To answer your question on a serious note, I am not aware of an abridged version of the Lord of the Rings.

What are you currently reading?

------------------

onthepequod
Old 06-26-2001, 09:25 AM   #17
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by onthepequod:
Lioness,

What? No response to my chiding? And I so thoroughly enjoyed riling you enough to call me a “demon.” I was hoping to elicit other retorts. But alas, the fun is at an end.

To answer your question on a serious note, I am not aware of an abridged version of the Lord of the Rings.

What are you currently reading?

Well, I can feel for you ! But don't forget, that is just the way cats are: they lose interest very quickly in anything that does not move fast enough ...

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 06-26-2001, 09:33 AM   #18
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Um, yes? Your point being? Half the world read that book, and a quarter probably wrote a report on it... come back after you've finished Ulysses

Hey, Melusinchen, stop knocking on someone half your age and take on a real man ... like ... like ... well certainly not myself ... like ... like ... well I got it, an authority recognized by everyone here: like Choc ! Yes start picking on Choc, if you are man, uh, person enough ! Hah !

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 06-26-2001, 09:48 AM   #19
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Couldn´t quote sorry..
Meusine, ulyssus, buggerit woman! Thats candy! Read Salka Valka if you want to try something difficult! (I almost strangled myself during that book..)

Ulyssus.. hehe, that is even a good book! Not to be used as a threat! Illiaden too is great, The great Russian and French authors ae something to threaten with!
Sorry! Forgot to add some sneaky laughs too! and also just for my favo Melusines fairie *wolfgrin* hehe!
------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper

[This message has been edited by WOLFGIR (edited 06-26-2001).]

[This message has been edited by WOLFGIR (edited 06-26-2001).]
Old 06-26-2001, 10:09 AM   #20
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:
The great Russian and French authors ae something to threaten with!
Personally, I found Tolstoy, specifically War and Peace, to be easier than rumor has it. I actually found myself enthralled around page 750 (in my copy). Too bad my copy is only 800 pages. Currently I am reading Dostoyevsky (the Brothers Karamozov and enjoying it. IMHO, the Russian authors aren’t that bad but in fairness I am looking for a break from Russian Lit.

Personally, if you’re looking for something to threaten with, I find Descartes’ First Meditations on Philosophy, Plato’s Republic, or Dewey’s the Public and It’s Problems up to the task.

------------------

onthepequod