Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2001, 06:16 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
4AM!!!!!! We dreamed of being able to lay in until 4AM, we had to get up before we went to bed to go and work in the mines for 25hrs a day, 8 days a week to provide our family with enough to buy bread and gruel,

We only dreamed of getting paid for working in the mines! We lived in a rolled up newspaper by the side of the road, got up 30 minutes before we went to bed the night before, we worked 25 hours a day 8 days a week and PAID the mine owner for the priviledge of working there. Kids today just don't know when they're well off!

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001, 07:00 AM   #12
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
We only dreamed of getting paid for working in the mines! We lived in a rolled up newspaper by the side of the road, got up 30 minutes before we went to bed the night before, we worked 25 hours a day 8 days a week and PAID the mine owner for the priviledge of working there. Kids today just don't know when they're well off!

You lived in a rolled up Newspaper, we dreamed of living in a rolled up newspaper, we had to make do with half a matchbox suspended between the grills on a drain cover! How the other half lives, newspaper inded

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 06-08-2001, 07:03 AM   #13
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
My dad played a trick on ALL of us on the weekends he was home. He would come in at 4:00 am saturday and yell "WAKE UP YOU DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TODAY!"

Aha!! That explains where you got those "I'm-so-damn-annoying" genes from Caleb!

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 06-08-2001, 07:18 AM   #14
Leagle
Manshoon

I have a 13yrold sister who used to be a real pain -I was always wrong, she was right, even at the age of 4!

She gradually got worse until recently, within the lastyear. Now she shuts herself infront of the TV (I have to physically force her away from it for an hour or so each day) away from everybody else.
Unfortunately she is now very rude and eats the jams/spreads out of the pot with a spoon, ruining it. I will confront her about it next time she is here. (She lives in England because she gos to an English school. This also means that she can't do w/out her mother, which means my mother has to be there too.) My Dad can cook well, but he just cannot cokk the particular type of rice we eat here, so he always ruins it by adding too much water.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:26 AM   #15
Lord Shield

I HAVE THE POWER!!!! BWA HA HA HA
sorry. zoned out there
In my family revenge was the thing
My younger brother used to hibernate at weekends. He once didn't wake up until 7:30pm
One morning I woke him up with a wet sponge in the face
The next morning, he went for 20*crime revenge (the norm in our family) and sloshed a bucket of water all over me!!!

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-08-2001, 07:32 AM   #16
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Very nice thread Lioness...
Unfortunately I am the oldest.
I am therefore perfekt and never make a mistake.
I thought I was wrong once and only once, but I was mistaken.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Wulfere (edited 06-08-2001).]

Old 06-08-2001, 11:18 AM   #17
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
My dad played a trick on ALL of us on the weekends he was home. He would come in at 4:00 am saturday and yell "WAKE UP YOU DONT HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TODAY!"
LMAO Caleb! That sounds like something my dad would do! HAHAHAHAHA!

We used to love it around Christmas because we never knew which night he would walk into the room we all shared and smile his ever so charming smile, show us an empty Christmas-wrapping paper roll that he had hidden behind his back and then turn out the light, smiling that same smile the whole time.

The first time he did this we all looked at him (before he flipped the light out) like "what?!" but after that, we knew LOL...

We'd scream, run around, and hide in the dark but he always found us by thwapping everything with the empty paper roll. It was hilarious! It didn't end till the cardboard roll fell apart either!

Thank you for reminding me of yet another reason why I love my dad so very much!

Hugs!
Moni

------------------

Old 06-08-2001, 11:23 AM   #18
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Oh have I got sibling stories!
Old 06-08-2001, 11:25 AM   #19
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
You lived in a rolled up Newspaper, we dreamed of living in a rolled up newspaper, we had to make do with half a matchbox suspended between the grills on a drain cover! How the other half lives, newspaper inded

You had a matchbox? You dreamed ? You were allowed to sleep?

We lived in the open, scavaging for food. We were never allowed to sleep, and were still told to close our eyes, just so they could tell us to wake up! AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY !!! Y'all had it easy... made you soft...

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 11:28 AM   #20
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Oh have I got sibling stories!
POST 'EM! POST 'EM!

Moni

------------------