Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2002, 07:49 PM   #1
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just downloaded the ToTL and installed it, and loaded and old game from IWD:HoW... talked with the Halfling Man and Teleported without error...

Okay, I'm at the large castle and fight a tough first battle of Banshees and Wyverns. I have met my adversary and he give me some riddle.

I then have talk with the paladin up the stairs in the NW corner, but now I'm lost... could someone point me in the right direction please.

Thank in advance,

Arkain
Arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 06:24 PM   #2
Durwyn
Elminster

Ok now remember there is a walk through... On Gamebanshee and Iron Works, that you may use to give you a much better detail of things than what we can explain here [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Anyways what you need to do is there is are 4 towers, at each side of that castle, and you're not in it obviously. What you need to do is go to each tower, open the switches located in each tower which will open a little underground door right in the tower and it will lead you to the basement of that tower. Each of the 4 has that. At the bottom of each you will get a little riddle and challenge by the Luremaster. I believe you then need to get the Face Helm thingy, not really sure whats its called. You also need the for "Sir" Scrolls. Ones you get those five items go to the little underground room in the direct east door of the castle... Go in place the Hand Helm on the table and a secret door will open to a huge dungeon. The huge dungeon is easy to beat, just use logic, as soon as you get the the room directly South with the 4 graves, place the Sir scrolls in the RIGHT grave. Then go back, and the main castle gate should open.

Now its really hard to explain how it is eaxtly all done, so you will be much better off with a walk through.

Good Luck!
Old 02-04-2002, 07:49 PM   #3
Arkain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the reply... I didn't realize there was a walk-through for this already. Course, I don't know how long the TotL has been available.

Thank you for the help... I will try it.

Arkain
Arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 09:06 PM   #4
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Just to clarify Durwyn's answer:

(spoilers ahead)

As he says, there are 4 towers in the castle courtyard, but it is not immediately apparent how to get there.

There are two sets of stairs along the eastern and western walls. These will bring you up to the castle's parapets where there are two towers each, located at the northen and soutehrn end.

Within each toewr is a room with switch. Flip those. It will open a door leading down to other rooms, not the one you are in. So visit all four towers and flip the switches, then go down.

In each room you will face a test. Pass the test and you will get a scroll and perhaps another item - I can't quite remember.

Once you are done with all 4 rooms, go back to the castle courtyard and go into the small temple at the eastern wall. You are supposed to put an item in the offering plate (I think it is) and a secret door will open.

This leads to an enormous dungeon, some tough fights ahead. Also your party members will get teleported around by a particular type of monster. So clear the dungeon carefully.

Find the 4 tombs and place the corresponding scroll in each tomb. Read the tomb description and the scrolls carefully - you'll be able to figure out which goes where.

Oh, before I forget, to get to the 4 tombs you'll need to find some keys that open the passages that lead to the tombs.

Once you're done, exit to the castle courtyard and the door to the castle proper should be open.