Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2006, 08:21 PM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/06/bts...als/index.html

No offense, but i think these people need to be whipped the flesh of their backs. Freedom of speech, okay....but this is just too much.
You think this is bad, check out their website - http://www.godhatesfags.com

And check this blurb out - these guys are freaks and total nutcases. It's amazing to think that people hold these kind of nutjob views.

Quote:
Established in 1955 by Pastor Fred Phelps, the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) of Topeka, Kansas still exists today as an Old School (or, Primitive) Baptist Church. See the WBC Monograph. In short, we adhere to the teachings of the Bible, preach against all form of sin (e.g., fornication, adultery, sodomy), and insist that the doctrines of grace be taught publicly to all men.

WBC engages in daily peaceful sidewalk demonstrations opposing the homosexual lifestyle of soul-damning, nation-destroying filth. We display large, colorful signs containing Bible words and sentiments, including: GOD HATES FAGS, FAGS HATE GOD, AIDS CURES FAGS, THANK GOD FOR AIDS, FAGS BURN IN HELL, GOD IS NOT MOCKED, FAGS ARE NATURE FREAKS, GOD GAVE FAGS UP, NO SPECIAL LAWS FOR FAGS, FAGS DOOM NATIONS, etc.

Perceiving the modern militant homosexual movement to pose a clear and present danger to the survival of America, exposing our nation to the wrath of God as in 1898 B.C. at Sodom and Gomorrah, WBC has conducted over 22,000 such demonstrations since June, 1991, at homosexual parades and other events (including funerals of impenitent sodomites, like Matthew Shepard). WBC teams have picketed all over the United States, and internationally (including Canada, Jordan and Iraq). The unique picketing ministry of Westboro Baptist Church has received international attention, and WBC believes this gospel message to be this world's last hope.
And if that's not bad enough, they have all sorts of memorials (check the "memorial" section on the bottom right of their homepage) where they celebrate the death of supposed homosexuals, celebrating that they're now "burning in hell".

The ironic thing about this is that this "church" (which currently has tax-exempt status) is comprised largely of the extended family of the founder and his wife. Current church members are "generally discouraged" from marrying outside this extended family. Nice little circular family tree setup these guys have, eh.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #12
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
But does he not purchase things - sale taxes are universal, no?
Not if he has a sales tax exemption card. These allow organizations to shop sales tax free so long as the purchases are not for personal use.

If your whole life is your church, then the line between personal use and official use could become quite blurred I imagine.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:23 PM   #13
Seraph
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
But does he not purchase things - sale taxes are universal, no?
How exactly is state or local sales tax going to support the federal government?

Also: There are at least three states (Delaware, New Hampsire, Alaska) that have no sales tax, so it is far from universal.

[ 03-07-2006, 10:25 PM: Message edited by: Seraph ]
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 12:19 AM   #14
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Sorry, in Canada, we have federal sales taxes. My misunderstanding. In any case, my ultimate point was: he's an idiot. [img]smile.gif[/img]
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:40 AM   #15
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Oh, Fred...

See, I have mixed feelings here.

I can't wait for him to die. I hope it's in a humiliating fashion. Like fornicating with a sheep to pictures of Adolf Hitler kind of humiliating.

So when he dies... Do I show up to his funeral in a red dress? Do I play a tape recorder of him screaming in hell with the other hatemongers?

One one hand... Is that stooping to his level?

But on the other hand... Wouldn't it feel sooo good?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 AM   #16
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Current church members are "generally discouraged" from marrying outside this extended family. Nice little circular family tree setup these guys have, eh.
With luck, they'll breed themselves to death in a generation or two. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 09:32 AM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
He and his family have picketed and heckled military families at more than 100 funerals since June. They say the soldiers are fighting for an army that represents a country that accepts homosexuality.
Syntax Error Does Not Compute

DEE DEE DEE, f-tards. These people certainly have that whole inbred thing going on, don't they?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #18
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I spent far too much time reading Wikipedia entries and other background on Phelps. Few things have ever sickened me that much.

The best thing to say is that several of his adult children have left the family compound, in spite of his efforts to force them back.

I can't begin to comment on the heinous actions. I don't think I've ever run across a person more worthless in my life... I don't even think he'd be good as a bad example.

When he dies, I will breathe easier.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 02:30 AM   #19
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I was thinking in the car today, and this guy must be the most insecure piece of garbage on earth. Imagine defining your entire life by such total hatred of others. No introspection on how he himself is living his life, instead everything is about how others lead theirs. Talk about overcompensating.

Not that you'll see me shed a tear for him.
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:40 AM   #20
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
No offense, but i think these people need to be whipped the flesh of their backs. Freedom of speech, okay....but this is just too much.
Hooboy, and what I would give to BE the one who ripped the flesh of their backs, I swear, if I ever meet any of these people in real life, they would be meeting the fag hating god pretty damn soon.

People like that are the scum of the world, they dont deserve free speech, and its people like them that make me wish there really was a hell so that I could sleep at night knowing that they are living for eternity in pain. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote