Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2003, 05:31 AM   #21
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

The ending of "Carrie"

Classic [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 01-27-2003, 05:32 AM: Message edited by: Mouse ]

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2003, 02:09 PM   #22
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">To Memmy:

IMPO, 'scaryness' in movies is JUST suspense. Suspense and tension.

Thats it. Thats what makes you jump out of your seat.

I. E - It's not the fact of what the killer clown looks like, its the fact the killer clown jumps at you from nowhere.</font>
Old 01-27-2003, 04:12 PM   #23
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

I. E - It's not the fact of what the killer clown looks like, its the fact the killer clown jumps at you from nowhere.</font>
I don't know that clown was pretty freakin scary... Did you ever really look at his eyes and junk
Old 01-28-2003, 07:49 AM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:

Actually, I'm talking about a different kind of scary - the scary that makes you walk out of the theatre and think about things. The kind of scary that makes you lie awake at night. For me, it would be films like the Exorcist or Stigmata (because I'm Catholic) or the first Nightmare on Elm Street that make you think about the movie and shiver - after you watched it. That's what I'm talking about. Totally different to a film like the Shining - not better or worse, just different.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 09:04 AM   #25
Grojlach
Zartan

The Care Bears Movie.
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 09:13 AM   #26
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The first Nightmare on Elm Street wins hands down for me - not just the movie but the extra special effects . A group of us drove 600 km for a weeks holiday with some mates - D&D, fishing, clubbing, drinking - the usual 18 yr old activities.

Four of us rented the movie, and none of us had seen it before. We were in a house that none of us knew - a very large creaky old house - shutters on the windows, and a thunderstorm sweeping in over the canefields of Bundaberg.

When the thunder and lighting started to perfectly match the suspense parts of the movie we all started making nervous jokes about it. Then at one point where (from memory) there is suspense building for quite some time, then the surprise, and shriek from the lovely lady - at that same time, the shutter above the couch slammed open, and the flimsy curtain that was draped behind us blew horizontal over our heads. After we all let go of the ceiling, we closed the shutter and watched the rest of the movie (with thunder and lightning crashing about) - we were JUMPY!!! About 15 mins after the movie fiished, the area was blacked out - we had to go to strange beds in the dark over creaky floors and listen to the sounds the house was making for the next several hours.

I have never ever wanted to watch that movie ever again , and no other horror movie has affected me very much since that day.
Old 01-28-2003, 10:19 PM   #27
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

I'm serious! When I was younger, that movie scared me!

The bit where Charlie goes through that tunnel and meets Slugworth. Also, the bit where they go through the other tunnel in the boat, and see those freaky pictures on the walls!

[ 01-28-2003, 10:21 PM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
GokuZool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2003, 10:38 PM   #28
Aragorn The Wise
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
The Care Bears Movie.
roflmao
Old 01-30-2003, 09:41 AM   #29
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

As a kid I found the Exorcist quite scary... Now, not so much.
Another film that for some reason freaked me out when I was younger would be American Werewolf in London. I cringed at the sound effect for the wolf's howl.
Old 01-30-2003, 11:48 AM   #30
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I remember being terrified of Predator when I was younger, but now its one of my favorite films. I can almost entirely quote the film:

Poncho: You're bleeding...
Blaine: I ain't got time to bleed!
Poncho: Well, have you got time to duck?
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote