Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 01:41 AM   #1
Spartan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So I've paid for the Monk training, gone to the dojo and been told to run naked through the world for two days, then I'll get promoted. Despite doing this for well more than two days, it still always tells me there are two more days to go...? I have been very careful to not wear armor, use weapons or equip anything. Heck, the last two days I did without even CARRYING enything. Am I just daft, or is there something I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 01:55 AM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

The monk quest is extremely frustrating - must not have anything (ie includes rings weapons underwear - NOTHING), and must not visit a town either during that time, otherwise the clock is reset to the start. Best method, leave a town, jump back over the gate to the little area on the other side, and wander off to watch a movie. Come back in a couple of hours. Save, then test to see if your time is up - if not, reload. Good luck.

Regards
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 02:09 AM   #3
Spartan
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Aha! I can't go back to town. Why didn't I think of that. I've got my monk character doign her Lady Godiva act for like half the game now - sheesh!

Thanks for the help!
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 09:25 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Spartan - hope you have finally gotten your monk!

This has got to be the most frustrating of all the role quests! If I remember correctly, Saz said you can go "through" town but you cannot stop and do anything while there. The game has the nasty habit of resetting the clock when you go in to see if you're done. Always save outside the town gates! YOu can avoid a lot of grief that way!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 10:25 AM   #5
Black Knight
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What about magic? Can a monk char use magic spells? I like to play instead of wait, and I'm not sure if losing that much time to my playing time is work being a monk. I went through the entire Booger thing with one of my pcs trying to do the monk challenge. Can we say Crushing damage? I knew you could ...

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:11 AM   #6
andora20
Manshoon

When I was doing the monk quest, I went for a nice walk in the countryside of Ishad'na hunting the werewolf with the rest of my party, I got to be a monk but I still couldn't find the bloody animal
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:29 AM   #7
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Magic and killing creatures with your bare hands is acceptable and will not affect the monk quest. However, I have never been able to complete the monk quest by passing time in a dungeon. I do not know if that is just me or if you have to do the adventuring above ground.

Good luck with the most annoying quest of the game,

Knarfling
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 11:43 AM   #8
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Check out page 2 of the Best tips for the easiest way to become a monk.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote