Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2003, 04:34 PM   #1
PastTenser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler***

For some reason I cannot get my character to turn into the slayer in Chapter 7 when you go to Hell to fight Irenicus (the LAST time). After touching the big door and getting all the bonuses and things I checked on my characters innate abilities (like for my paladin cure wounds, and critical strike, etc.) and I could not find the Slayer option anywhere!
I checked if I maybe went too high in reputation but it was average still.
I was alerted to the knowledge of becoming the slayer while fighting Irenicus in the form of the slayer (mentioning slayer vs. slayer)

Does anyone know about this bug?? Error??

-Brian

A paladin is a wonderful excuse for mass carnage on evil.
-Quote from Self
PastTenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 04:39 PM   #2
drewal
Drow Warrior

Do you A) have the latest official Bioware patch and B) the Baldurdash patch?

And C) Do you have any questionable mods running that might be messing up the works?
Old 01-03-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
daan
Silver Dragon

Not just everyone can turn into the slayer . . .
I'm not sure on what it depends ( reputation or aligment )
but its either one of those, and may make your choices limited to a simple and sole refusal.
Old 01-08-2003, 12:14 PM   #4
PastTenser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1) I am positively sure that I did install the Baldurdash patch

2) I also updated my version to 2.5.26461.

3) Currently I do not have any MODs installed on SoA

Also to "daan", my main character, Teron, is a lvl 20 paladin and is NOW neutral evil, thanks to the little mishap with dear brother Sarevok in the other room.

I also heard that "Shadow Keeper" some program or such, has the ability to change your innate powers (slayer,etc.) Will this do the trick?

-Brian

"You live, you die, and you live to regret it"
PastTenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Brennihelvete

Quote:
Originally posted by daan:
Not just everyone can turn into the slayer . . .
I'm not sure on what it depends ( reputation or aligment )
but its either one of those, and may make your choices limited to a simple and sole refusal.
uhm, who cannot turn into the slayer? All my Pc's have been able to doo so and all of them were Lawful good with 20 Rep... I even had a fallen Paladin who turned into the slayer in the last battle with..well after turning into the slayer 18 rep and he was lawful good as well...

Btw PasTenser, maybe that alignment change caused the problem... You could maybe try to reload or something and make him not change his alignment?

[ 01-08-2003, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: Brennihelvete ]