Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 05:27 PM   #1
BLKCat
The Magister

to uncurse items permanently? I am talking about the Vampire Ring. Of course it locks up my computer when I use it anyway (I really don't want to patch my game), but it got me thinking. Everytime I have tried to uncurse an item, the curse comes back as soon as the item is equipped. I was just wondering if there is a way to completely remove the curse. Thanks!

OH, almost forgot the update! I am now the proud owner of Create Portal and Teleport! Woohoo! I'm off to the Shrine now!

BLKCat Portaling here and portaling there!

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
(Excerpt from "Neverwhere", by Neil Gaiman)
BLKCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 05:32 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi BLKCat -

Nope - a cursed item is cursed forever - BUT sometimes that doesn't matter that much. I had a character wield a cursed staff for the longest time because as a weapon it was better than the few hits it took from my character now and then.

Don't use the Vamp Ring if you are unpatched.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 05:35 PM   #3
BLKCat
The Magister

Thank you kindly Wyvern! You are very quick! *sigh* I am trying to decide whether to patch so I can use the ring. Any thoughts about this? I appreciate your input!

BLKCat Wondering

------------------
...Events are cowards: they don't occur singly, but instead they run in packs and leap out at you all at once.
Old 06-02-2001, 05:40 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Grin -

I run UNpatched!!

If it isn't broke, don't fix it!

Wyv
Old 06-02-2001, 05:45 PM   #5
BLKCat
The Magister

Thanks once again Wyvern! I agree with you about patching. Up to now I have not had any problems. I have done without the Vampire Ring thus far, I suppose I can continue the same! Thanks for all your help!

(As an aside - If your character has the Vampire trait, is the ring still a cursed item?? You know us cats - always curious!)

BLKCat glad I have nine lives!

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 05:52 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

BLKCat - I believe it is in the unpatched version - think it will cause you to crash - but I could be wrong on this since I have never played a vamp in W&W.

Saz won't be back on until later tonight, but he would know for certain. Someone else may pop in with the "real" answer too!

Wyv
Old 06-02-2001, 06:01 PM   #7
BLKCat
The Magister

No problems Wyvern! I don't play vampires either... I was simply curious! Thanks again for all your help!

BLKCat, off to the Shrine!

------------------
Old 06-02-2001, 06:06 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

My pleasure!!

Wyv
Old 06-02-2001, 06:09 PM   #9
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi BK,

Not a bad ring, but not worth losing all the "benefits" of the unpatched version. There are a few things to avoid unpatched, but we will tell you about thise mistakes after you make them .

------------------
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 06:12 PM   #10
BLKCat
The Magister

Thank you Davros! I appreciate all the help! This was the first problem I've come across running unpatched. I'll make sure and 'look you up' for the next pitfall!

BLKCat, jumping wildly over the pits!

------------------