Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2003, 10:17 AM   #51
Sio

Long it's well gone mate, Magik has goaded me into wrecking it for myself, and all I can ask is why? Hell no I dont have patience, im quick to anger and defence but who can blame me for been defensive when its rare NOT to get grief when I walk out the door.
Magik made those replys to get me to lose my anger, so congrats youve made me look exactley like some of the movies depict.
Like ive said before, all im bothered about is how others are seen, I could care less what you's think of me, and why should I when I dont know you's.
All I see when I go out is people quick to take attention away from themselves and to show off by putting it onto me.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:19 AM   #52
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
Sorry Magik but I cant be assed entertaining you
Looks like there always be assholes around like yourself to be there to provide misery for others, cause no doubt your one of those smart assed bastards ey, looking cool in front of your mates
And you seem to be bringing it on your self. All I did was try to have an informative discussion with you and you continue to stay mean and nasty. Sorry if you can't deal with being called on it.

[ 01-09-2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-09-2003, 10:21 AM   #53
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sio:
Long it's well gone mate, Magik has goaded me into wrecking it for myself, and all I can ask is why? Hell no I dont have patience, im quick to anger and defence but who can blame me for been defensive when its rare NOT to get grief when I walk out the door.
Magik made those replys to get me to lose my anger, so congrats youve made me look exactley like some of the movies depict.
Like ive said before, all im bothered about is how others are seen, I could care less what you's think of me, and why should I when I dont know you's.
All I see when I go out is people quick to take attention away from themselves and to show off by putting it onto me.
Actually, my first reply to you was honest and friendly, my second reply was in direct response to you being mean and nasty. My third reply was along the same line. And this fourth reply is to explain it to you that you brought it on yourself by being mean.

Old 01-09-2003, 10:24 AM   #54
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
arghghg sio what hes saying is valid, you went off aggressively insulting about 3 different people, hes just not phrased what he said very nicely i must admit, just a heavily sarcastic reply from him which whilst amusing is also a tad trollish and id say designed to spark a reaction which it has, your response is just further proving his post just as you were calming down, bah magik!

Sorry to have reheated things Grunji, but in my curumudgeonly old way I was attempting to illustrate a point to Mr. Sio in the most effective way I could think of [img]smile.gif[/img]

hes pitched a sarcastic question at you to get your response basically, and you responded in the worst way , should have just commented on his spelling of portray and laughed alot
Actually I could have used that pointer about portray, thanks

Old 01-09-2003, 10:25 AM   #55
Epona
Zartan

Look guys can everyone just ease up please? I think this could be an interesting discussion. Sio is obviously sensitive about this issue, and it seems to me that certain others here are deliberately trying to goad him to get a reaction.

Grungi, it is not OK to call people names, whether it's shortass, fatso, four-eyes, or whitey. Especially if you know damn well they don't like it, and it is NEVER Ok to assume that someone else is OK with it, or because you heard once that someone else was OK with it to think it's alright. Plenty of rappers use the 'n' word, that does not make it OK or socially acceptable to use it to other people, and may result in losing some teeth.

I'm not albino, but I can see Sio's point entirely. I have typical Celtic colouring - dark hair, blue eyes, and unbelievably pale skin. Wanna know something? I went through HELL at school because I didn't tan in summer like the other kids. Because I covered up my arms and wore a hat to stop from burning. You know what they called me? Whitey. The Abominable Snowman. It hurt. If anyone tried to call me those things in friendship, they would no longer be my friend, that simple. Because it shows disregard for other people's feelings.

I also know that the 3 albinos I know would be hurt by this. It is bad enough trying to fit into a society that is unaccepting of differences without having this sort of shit on top. It's more difficult to get a job if you look 'different'. It's more difficult to make friends. People stare at you. People make assumptions about you. It's not just looks either. One of my mates can't even use detergent because his skin is so sensitive. Of course he is sensitive to people pointing out how different he is, instead of accepting him for the person he is. Film portrayals do have an impact on the way people are viewed by their peers, especially when you have a genetic makeup that is instantly recognisable, and rare enough so that many people rarely come into contact with it other than through the media.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:26 AM   #56
MagiK

Quote:
thats not what his post is implying hes implying this:

"your trying to make a case for albinos and how they should be portrayed, yet your abusing people who are only trying to help you and coming off aggresive and not very nice (in your earlier posts, you admitted that yourself) therefore should every albino react the same way then maybe hollywood would have itself a true stereotype", i do NOT think hes saying that all albinos are the same, that would be retarded if he was, i think hes just trying to get you to realise that the way your arguing is not helping your cause.
You are exactly correct in your analysis of what I was "trying" to do sir! Bravo [img]smile.gif[/img] not many figure me out that quick even though I am not very complex

Edit:

Epona! I agree it is never right to make fun of an individuals plight, disease, defect or problem. I do think it quite ok topoint out to a person that they are proving a point against themselves, as well as giving back to said person what that person is giving out.

[ 01-09-2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 01-09-2003, 10:39 AM   #57
Grungi
Banned User

epona! read my post IT IS okay to banter with someone and call me a shortarse if your my friend and know it wont hurt me, godssake read my posts fully, then realise what i was saying, im certainly not saying its fine to insult all and sundry, jeez i cannot believe how you read my posts you just dont seem to understand what im saying at all?

i was very white too and have still never tanned and yep i got called things like that, made me laugh though, that was just my reaction to it, i didnt care about things like that, oh no call me white because i dont tan, that just didnt bother me, so i can laugh about it, my friends still poke fun at the fact im constantly white and it doesnt bother me and they are no less my friends for doing so, because its humourous and done to be funny not done to hurt me. They all have respect for my feelings.

if people are going to insult someone for being albino they will do it regardless what hollywood says whether hollywood portrays them as being cool or not, might get limited respect if people all watched powder i spose but would be based on a film not on your personality so not very valid. Intelligent people will always back the personality over the race or creed or physicality of a person and retards wont, hollywood might enhance things either way but it wont change anything.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:41 AM   #58
Grungi
Banned User

bah magik now im trying to work out if your being sarcastic or not [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-09-2003, 10:44 AM   #59
MagiK

Quote:
bah magik now im trying to work out if your being sarcastic or not [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Nope completely sincere [img]smile.gif[/img] LLAO, geee have I been that bad on this forum?

Old 01-09-2003, 10:45 AM   #60
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Grungi, it is not OK to call people names, whether it's shortass, fatso, four-eyes, or whitey. Especially if you know damn well they don't like it, and it is NEVER Ok to assume that someone else is OK with it, or because you heard once that someone else was OK with it to think it's alright. Plenty of rappers use the 'n' word, that does not make it OK or socially acceptable to use it to other people, and may result in losing some teeth.
Errr, sorry about this Epona, but thats not what Grungi is saying at all - not as far as I can tell anyway. I think what he is saying is that it is ok to use jokey-insults if you are sure the person you are saying it to won't mind and will treat it as such. He is not saying it is ok to call all short people shortarse, all albino people whitey, or all black people "the n word". Instead what I read him as saying was that if a short person (such as Grungi himself) doesn't mind being called shortarse then there is nothing wrong with calling him that as long as all parties concerned understand it is in jest. And if that is accepted as reasonable by people then the same should also apply to albinos who don't mind being called whitey in the same circumstances.

Sio seemed to be saying that even when such a thing were said in jest, and even if the person it was directed to knew it were said in jest, it would still not be ok. Yet he also seemed to be saying that in the same circumstances calling someone shortarse between friends was ok. I don't know if this is actually what Sio meant but I think Grungi was picking up on what appeared to be a bit of a continuity error in Sio's argument.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe