Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2002, 09:03 PM   #1
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

Every once in a while when I try to post I will get a message that says my IP adress is currently banned in these forums, I can not post or register blah blah blah, your IP adress is (insert really long number) blah, blah blah.

I assume that IP means internet provider, but otherwise I have no idea why that happens. Would anyone with a little more knowledge care to explain why this is and what it means?
Old 09-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #2
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbur:
Every once in a while when I try to post I will get a message that says my IP adress is currently banned in these forums, I can not post or register blah blah blah, your IP adress is (insert really long number) blah, blah blah.

I assume that IP means internet provider, but otherwise I have no idea why that happens. Would anyone with a little more knowledge care to explain why this is and what it means?
Hi can you copy the error message and show us what it is all about? then it is easyer to see what you mean! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2002, 09:13 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Do you use AOL Wilbur? If so, I think AOL is the culprit, as others who use AOL have had the same message when trying to post. It is just like they are banned, they can see the forum, but unable to post. Seems exiting out of AOL and re-entering seems to work sometimes

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-20-2002, 09:15 PM   #4
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

Had the same problem after downloading the 8.0 AOL Beta test program. Not sure what straightened it out, but since I usually delete cookies that could make a difference.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:22 PM   #5
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

*Sigh* Yes, I do use AOL unfourtunatly. Oh, so many reasons not to, but alas, that's the way it is. At least now I know that I can just log off and on. Thanks.
Old 09-20-2002, 09:24 PM   #6
Moni

I use AOL 6.0 and don't regularly delete cookies...it still happens on occasion.
In the thread I mentioned it in, I also mentioned AOL ISP's that belonged to AOL VIP's...I got THAT ISP showing up here the first two times I tried to get online this evening and signed off right away, traded numbers and tried again until my usual AOL "MASK" # showed up on the bottom of the page when it was loading. Those VIP linked ISP #'s are just (to be polite) buttheads through and through...sucking up bandwidth and messing with monitor and mouse settings. (Grrrrr)! They always start with 64.15? ........

Old 09-20-2002, 09:26 PM   #7
Moni

Wilbur,
Before you sign on again when that happens, on the sign on screen, click on EDIT NUMBERS and drag the top number down to the bottom of the list...sometimes they just won't give up.

I was wondering if us AOL users are the ones the worst trolls are getting into IW through? Is that even possible?

Old 09-20-2002, 11:43 PM   #8
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Err..... if that ip address problem continues using a proxy might help. You could log on using an anoymous proxy there are many out there ....
Old 09-21-2002, 01:53 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Do you use AOL Wilbur? If so, I think AOL is the culprit, as others who use AOL have had the same message when trying to post. It is just like they are banned, they can see the forum, but unable to post. Seems exiting out of AOL and re-entering seems to work sometimes
I too am VERY confoozed about this! [img]smile.gif[/img] ARGH! And it IS a bug. I emailed infopop about this and opened a support ticket.

I hope they figure this out...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-21-2002, 08:28 AM   #10
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Must you all use that AOL thingie? I do not use it but i dont live in the US so maby that is the reason... but i also have got that Ip error sometimes but that was after Z upgradet the board and i have only had it one or two times then i refresh the page then it showed up like a charm again! [img]tongue.gif[/img]