Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2001, 09:24 PM   #61
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, everyone.
I actually enjoy the spam...I must admit I'm a little guilty of not reading it ALL (jeesh! There's over 600 in that main one! ), but the smaller ones I read every single word of (even the 'quotholics ) But I would never even try to keep up with it...I simply don't have the time and the only posts I've done just for SPAM were just to be silly...This is fun! I'm talking to people all over who are (mostly) talking back (people I would have never know otherwise) and I'm hoping we don't lose anyone else because of it!

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 03:25 AM   #62
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthy:
Welcome back Ertai, you were missed. I am glad we persuaded you to return as your hard work for the OHF and newbies is valued. Bilquis I agree that there should be room for all types, as you know I also join the spam sessions, but I try to be intresting. I wasn't including you in my criticism and those it was directed to I don't intend to offend, as many are often very funny. It's just that a minority started to post crap and I wanted us to get back to how it used to be. You are right it will soon die down, but I feared the cost in lost friends was not worth the wait. I hope I haven't lost any by my post, but it was meant to benefit us all. Some of you may think I am hypocritical and if you do I apologise. Speak freely and I will listen and not be offended. The great thing about this forum is that we can openly air our views without fear. Long may that be the case.

On a positive note, the number of replies to this topic shows how much people do care about this board and want to make it better - no matter which side of the fence you're on. I feel somewhat responsible for starting the whole thing with the spammers thread (which a dear friend of mine pointed out in subtle language - without naming names! ) but it's a very remarkable feature of this board that nobody resorted to flaming or abuse! Try that at any other board on the web

Ziroc, how do you do it mate?

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 10:44 AM   #63
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SPAM

No just kidding !!

Well im glad that nobody got angry at me... and i must admit that im starting to like this general forum !!

Thanks for your warm welcome Stealthy, and many thanks for your efforts to make me come here !! Also thanks to Memnoch, Tobbin, Wolfgir and Rikard, who are the people (with Stealthy of course) that convinced me to come here. Thanks to all !!

Well im begging to sound stupid so I´ll shut up.

PS: Donut, I like the wy you write. Have you tried In Character Chats like The Emporium room in Wizards of the Coast chats ?? It suits your style i think !

------------------
"Let my spells do the dirty work" Ertai, High Sorceror of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 10:59 AM   #64
Donut
Jack Burton

Ertai - thanks for the compliment. I'll check out the chat forum but I'm not sure my imagination has enough 'fantasy' in it for me to carry it off.

Completely off topic. Did you see Raul's 'Hand of God' goal last night. I hear UEFA have hit him with a disrepute charge. What do you think?

For anyone interested Real Madrid's Raul punched the ball into the goal in the game against Leeds. He then kissed his hand and later admitted to the referee that he had cheated. Real won the game 2-1.

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile
Old 03-07-2001, 11:04 AM   #65
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Ertai! I missed you! Welcome back! This place is huge and I don't get to half the threads I'd like to anymore. I'm hoping to see everyone here and there, though.

It's nice we can all agree that we have differing tastes and not flame each other for it. No reason we can't all mix and mingle while still sticking to what floats our particular boats as the mainstay of our existence on the board.

Cloudy
ps- if it weren't for Ertai the wonderful wizard, I wouldn't have bothered with a sig at all!

------------------
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-07-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 11:07 AM   #66
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hey Donut, I am a fan of the Real Madrid and I admit Raúl´s goal wasnt legal but...

He kissed his hand cause he always does it when he scores. He does it since he got married, and actually he kisses his Marrying Ring.

Second, the Real won 3-2 he he

Anyway i admit that lately Real isnt playing well, but its normal cause they have been playing very well at a high level for at least 4-5 months, losing only 1 match and drawing another, so they should be a bit tired now. I suppose they will be OK within 2-3 weeks !!

About the chat, try it, its funny !!

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 11:10 AM   #67
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

Hi CloudBringer (yes i used the original name !! whoa !! ), thanks !!
You are right, everyone has his preferences, but that doesnt mean (s)he´s better than the rest, just different.

------------------
Old 03-07-2001, 11:11 AM   #68
Donut
Jack Burton

Sorry about the mistake in the score. I heard the half time score while I was at the Arsenal v Spartak Moscow match & didn't check the final score. Perhaps the match should be replayed .

------------------
The Truth is in the Profile
Old 03-07-2001, 11:46 AM   #69
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

crossing my fingers ManUtd will put on a class performance tonight and qualify for the quarters. Am I alone?

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-07-2001, 01:26 PM   #70
Rikard

Who care what Raul did?
Real is through and so is Leeds

And PSV is gonna Win the UEFA-CUP

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz
Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF