Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2004, 04:43 PM   #11
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Hey guys!
Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
At what level are you on?

Remember, though, that neither Paladin nor Cleric is the favoured class of the elf, so if you multiclass you shouldn't have more than 1 level apart in the two classes otherwise you'll loose 20% on all XP gained. That's the price you'll have to pay for the bonuses that the differrent races get.
My Paladin is level 3. Wich race favours the Clerics anyway? I am wondering around the Docks district. Killed a couple (a lot) of Muggers and other humans. I accepted two quests I think. One was from a little girl standing just next by the Halls of Justice other one I can`t remember. Where sould I go now? What tavern or what?

[ 01-03-2004, 04:44 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 04:51 PM   #12
philip
Galvatron

I don't think there's a race that favours cleric.
Human and hal-elf are good in everything so their favoured class is in their 1st or 2nd one, can't remember which but you can dual-class them without trouble. Elf has wizard, halfling rogue, dwarf fighter, gnome illusionist (might be bard, or plain wizard as well), halforc some fighter class.
Have you looked in you journal to see if there are hints in it about what you should do. I don't think I reached that point so I can't help you on that.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

No, there's no race that have Cleric as it's favoured class and there's no race that get's a penalty to Wisdom so any race make good Clerics ( or Druids if that's your cup 'o tea.)

The favoured class are as followed:
  • Elf-Wizard.
  • Dwarf-Fighter.
  • Halfling-Rogue.
  • Half-orc-Barbarian.
  • Gnome-Wizard although they start with the feat Spell Focus: Illusion. In 3.5 edition their favoured class is Bard.
  • Humans and Half-elves's favoured class is whatever class they have the highest level in, so as long as you only have two classes you'll never get a XP penalty with these races.
As for where to go, I don't want to spoil you too much but the city Neverwinter consist of five main areas; The City Core where the Temple of Justice is, and the following areas: Beggars Nest, Blacklake, Peninsula District and the Docks. You'll find a reagent for the cure in each of the four areas. If you need help with a specific quest, just let me know.

[ 01-03-2004, 05:10 PM: Message edited by: Stratos ]
Old 01-04-2004, 05:16 AM   #14
Sonic
Zhentarim Guard

the Druid is a realy good class in nwn whit some lvl in ranger then the druid is a exelent fighter and a good spell caster.and the *Pet* is realy useful,and you can shapeshift to strong dire bear and i dount know if it is only in sou but you can shift to elementals that is veary good!.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:17 PM   #15
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I was thinkin cleric-dualled to blackguard for those sneaky attacks....*LOL* anyway....for a newbie Cleric is the BEST class
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 04:30 PM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

A very fun class to play too. Mage get's annoying after a time due to low HP and melee ability and fighter is well, boring.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:11 AM   #17
warnie
Dungeon Master

awizard aint so bad lol the crosbow wizard thing rocks! lol
warnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 12:48 PM   #18
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
A very fun class to play too. Mage get's annoying after a time due to low HP and melee ability and fighter is well, boring.
Fighters are bad against mages or anything with protection spells.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote