Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2004, 03:21 PM   #1
shadowspecter
The Magister

Well, I got more questions to ask...again...

1)No matter what, do enemies always drop different type of stuff every time you reload a game or make a new character? If so, does that mean you can’t really get a specific weapon that you want without killing everything?
2)As you progress through chapters, does the temple service or any stores upgrade the items they sell?
3)What type of weapon is best used for off-handed?
4)On the character creation page, on the last part of creating your character, there is this thing called a deity or something like that…what does it do?
5)On NWN, I got version 1.22...is there any serious bugs in there that would give me a reason to download version 1.61? (If you’re wondering why I asked this question...well sometimes there is a bug that is helpful instead of harmful…but sadly I don’t know if there is any bugs that are helpful...)
6)This question isn’t about the game, but about NWN Gold...why would they manufacture NWN and the expansion SoU in one cheaper set when they made them separate?!
7)This is my last question, can someone explain how critical hits on weapon happen?

Thanks a lot if you can help my out
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
shadowspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:45 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

1. Most items are random save a few that are plot related. I think an amount of the items dropped or found are at least somewhat useful to the class you play.
2. As the game progresses you will move on to new areas and the shops and temples in those places have new and better equipment.
3. A light weapon such as a shortsword for medium sized races and daggers for small races. Otherwise you'll get a penalty while dual-wielding
4. A diety is the same thing as a god or godess and it is here you fill in what diety, if any, that your character worships. It has no bearing on the game whatsoever, but some modules out there uses it.
5. I don't know, but you really should download the latest patch as most bugs tend to be more problematic than beneficial. Just hit the 'Update' button at the launch window and it will automatically search for the latest patch for your game.
6. I guess that it's cheaper to do that than to continue to make seperate boxes for them.
7. Everytime you attack an enemy you roll a number between 1 and 20, and depending on how high the roll is and the critical range of the weapon, you'll get a critical hit. A longsword, for example, has a critical range of 19-20 meaning you'll get a critical hit with it if you roll either 19 or 20. This is how I interpret the rules at least as I haven't played the PnP version of the 3rd edition rules. I also think that there's a second roll to determine wether or not you'll do additional damage on the critical hit or just normal amount, but I'm not sure on this one.
Old 01-13-2004, 11:13 PM   #3
shadowspecter
The Magister

Hmmmmm...so is it even possible to get every type of item in the game without cheating?

BTW, some more newb question...
1)what's the difference between light and dark vision?
2)isn't the rapier considered as a small weapon?
“Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” <br />-Mark Twain<br /><br />“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?” <br />-Scott Adams
shadowspecter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:08 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

No, it's probably not possible but you'll get more than enough items anyway.

1. In PnP low-light vision allows you to see better in dim light while darkvision allows you to see in complete darkness.
2. No, the rapier is a medium weapon but can be finessable with the Weapon finesse feat. The penalty for using it off-hand while dual-wielding still apply though.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:51 AM   #5
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

7) The additional dice roll is the Threat Roll. It will do more damage the higher you roll, and how levels the enemy is above you
Dalamar Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote