Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Yea, I mean lock picks of course, where can I buy them? Sure I come across them throughout my travels, but I was hoping I could buy them from someone at bulk [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Oblivion i assume?

There are a few merchants here and there who occasionally sell a lockpick or two, but they are pretty rare. The guy who gives you your first orders when you join the Thieves guild sells lockpicks, i believe 5 for 100 gold, so that's pretty expensive, and after a while he stops selling them, or at least you no longer have the option to buy. You could try the Thieves' fences across the land, but i'm not even sure if they sell them in bulk.

The only one i do know who sells them in bulk comes in a mod called "thieves den", and is part of the crew you can hire after clearing the cave and buying everything needed to make it operational again on your behalf.

Other than that there's only one option...take them off the dead body's from your foes in caves, fortresses and ruins.

[ 06-23-2007, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 06-25-2007, 03:03 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Plain Morrowind: The nearest picklocks are in Balmora Hlaalu Council House, one of the traders (a woman) there sells them.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:27 PM   #4
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

WTF? I thought I put OBL in the title, my mistake. Yea, I do find a lot of lock picks as loot, I even had them up to 25 or 30, but I lost them all being stupid on one lock. Thanks for the tips though.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:43 AM   #5
Oruboris

I think all the fences have them, in lots of 100. Since they weigh nothing, I bought them in batches of 100 once I could afford it.

SPOILER, sort of:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

:
:

:

Do the quest for Nocturne, and all your lock pick [and lockpicking, actually] problems will be over...
Oruboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
Drazzminius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Default Re: Guitar Picks wait I mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oruboris View Post
Do the quest for Nocturne, and all your lock pick [and lockpicking, actually] problems will be over...
Where does this quest start?
so step up!
"
-----CWO3 Craig A. Elliott, US Marines (2006)
Drazzminius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Guitar Picks wait I mean...

It starts at Nocturnal's Daedric Shrine and I believe you need to be at least lvl 12 to do it.
As for Nocturnals Shrine follow the road from east leyawin up the east side of the river, you can see the shrine on your compass from the road.

There is a fellow outside the Imperial City that sells them to anyone. I think his names shady sam or something like that. Just head out the front of Imp. City and then make a right, just follow the wall and in one of the alcoves along the way you'll find a guy all in black, that's him.

Johnny he sells them at 5g for one pick, so a little cheaper than the others, and once you've joined the guild he doesn't offer them anymore.

Shady Sam is the best bet for non-guild pick purchasers.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 08-23-2007 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add info
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote