Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'm sure many of you don't play MMORPG's because you don't have enough time to invest on making a powerful high level charactor. Well, World of Warcraft has this neat option that helps those people out. Here's how:

Say you play for a bit, and you want to log out, and you may not play again for a few days or a week. Well, make SURE you log out in an INN or a forest, and while you are offline, your charactor recieves what is called a "Rest Bonus". The longer you are offline, the higher this bonus becomes.

Say you log back on after a week of not playing. When you start to kill monsters, you can recieve up to a 200% XP Bonus for the first bunch of monsters, so you will level quick. This is to balance out the game with the other players that are on 5 hours or more a day, and allows you to level quicker, and keep pace. I like this, as I cannot play every day. Between working on my NWN Mod, the Forum and many other things, I don't have time every day, so this is a nice way to balance things out. Make SURE you log out in an INN though, because the bonus grows faster. There is a limit on the rest bonus--I think a week or so, and the limit is like 200% I believe, which is NICE!

[ 01-05-2005, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 03:05 PM   #2
Lucern
Quintesson

Indeed Ziroc...though I didn't know that about forests. It's also good for pathological character creators. I've got 4, (levels 5-13)and I've had it a little less than a week lol
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Not forests. Large cities also count as inns. Supports the casual gamer.
Old 01-06-2005, 08:03 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

In the Manual is states that you do gain a bonus in the forest, but your rest bonus doesn't grow as fast as it does in an inn. In any case, always use an inn. Since you have a stone that can teleport you to it, why not, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2005, 09:24 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Well lemme just say it is a great thing indeed. Unforunatey, i haven't been able to play this whole week due to school, but snow days have given us wednesday and thursday (today) off. Yesterday I was busy, and today i got to play.

Result, I levelled and got 75% to my next level with before the bonus state ran off. And I was fighting theramore marines (lvl16) as I am a 21 shaman. 200 XP per each kill.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 01:25 AM   #6
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

That sound wery nice i can't wait to get this game!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:27 AM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
In the Manual is states that you do gain a bonus in the forest, but your rest bonus doesn't grow as fast as it does in an inn. In any case, always use an inn. Since you have a stone that can teleport you to it, why not, right? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Where does it say forest? I'm asking simply cuz I have yet to come across that. All I see is 'wilderness' used as a general term for anywhere that isn't an inn or somewhere special. In such places you then rest at your normal rate. Even 'inn' is used as a general term for large cities. So basically rest state is always accumulated over time but much more so in a base area. You could also look at it the other way: Rest is not accumulated outside 'inns'. With me?
Old 01-07-2005, 09:28 AM   #8
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

With you? lol.. no. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2005, 01:07 PM   #9
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Hey SpiritWarrior, just wondering, where did you get your version of WoW from? Did you buy the US version? Since it isn't ou in UK? I'm eager to get it!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:39 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, rest bonus is awesome. My alts are all sitting on a maxed rest bonus bar. Every time I get the urge to play them I get double xp.