Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2002, 08:40 PM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks, andrewas, I'll try that. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2002, 11:42 PM   #12
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

^_^ inded there are nice people out there, why just the other day I met a suave JP player named Shino who gave me a level 2 Grants disk! I know level 2 is kind of weak but it was GRANTS! and that's a spell that is very rare, belive me, finding a grants level 1 disk is considered a gift from God almost!

It's wonderfull how the MMORPG world is getting nicer and nicer each day!

PSO used to be a world where you'd enter a game and hackers would turn you into a level 5, now you join a game and there are people who don't bum you for items or give you hacked ones, they simply nod, say "hip hip hooray!" And you all venture forth unto the levels to slay monsters, like always...

People even actually play SOCCER now! it used to be considered lame to want to hang out in the soccer lobby and kick around a ball and now they actually have huge games with like 20 people pushing around the ball [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Lets just hope people keep on excentuating(sp?) the positive!
Old 11-29-2002, 12:51 AM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I got back into Z's Undermountain today and am at the beginning! Pretty cool! This time some kobolds attacked me, so it was different from my first time there!

Mistral, I've never heard of that game. Is it a CRPG?

DK, cool! I am so happy to find decent players out there who help or at least don't attack you first chance they get!

Do you know, while taking andrewas' advice, I joined several games to see if I could get in and in one, I'd no sooner got there, a level one bard, no less, and some JERK comes over and kills my character, then she's respawned (not by me!) and he kills another player... I just exited.. I don't like games where that's allowed!
Old 11-29-2002, 01:45 AM   #14
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Thats fun! Nice to hear you had a good experience Cloudbringer..

I've played a few games online quite a bit and have had some good and bad experiences..

A game like NWN just gets so much better when you get to play it with cool people and not morons acting like spoiled brats.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:59 AM   #15
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

so what level are you now cloudy? i'd love to meet up with you in game some time, i could make some items or something [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2002, 02:03 AM   #16
dragon_lord
Elminster

I can understand why some veterans in MMORPG get a bit snappy when the 1000th noob asks for help or some items, but most of the time i have found people are quite friendly. I my self have been tempted to lure some very annoying noobs who keep following you around to their death. Theres nothing like adventuring with some friends through a far away land killing monsters and getting loot.

[ 11-29-2002, 02:05 AM: Message edited by: dragon_lord ]
[img]\"http://unrealpowerhouse.ozforces.com.au/lich_des.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/\" target=\"_blank\">The Items Mart</a><br /><br />[url]\"http://www.flatface.net/~itemsmart/misc.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Monster Enchantments and Immunities List</a>
Old 11-29-2002, 05:21 AM   #17
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Hey thats cool Cloudy, it is always nice when people are...well...nice to you [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I`ve found that a bit on the NWN servers which I play on, I end up playing with the same people every night who let me join their party. [img]smile.gif[/img]
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 11-29-2002, 10:09 AM   #18
Grungi
Banned User

counterstrike is full of children who want to either cheat or abuse other people, unfortunately in terms of niceness it has the most nasty people in it [img]tongue.gif[/img] quake3 is better with a better atmosphere about it and rpgs are generally the best for a good atmosphere as its all about cooperation and helping people out thats part of the game and it translates well into reallife, i never had a single flame in a multiplayer rpg game so far online which is pretty good going, counterstrike its continual and unfortunately the majority of offenders are american and german children 10 - 18 years old, normally the people with the best attitudes are scandanavians and the ones who cheat the most are from asian, normally malaysia, china etc amazing how it all works out [img]tongue.gif[/img] so if you want a more peaceful time on counterstrike logon to UK/swedish/finnish/norweigan/danish servers i get 10 times less abuse and cheats on those as i get on other servers on the net.

Disclaimer: im not insulting or flaming any particular country but talking from many many years experience of multiplayer online games and this is what i have noticed.
Old 11-29-2002, 10:12 AM   #19
Grungi
Banned User

oh and another thing, normally the people that hang out on rpg forums (regardless of country) are of high IQ with a good attitude, go on a CS or Quake3 forum or mirc to see what retarded children are like [img]tongue.gif[/img]

so yay RPGs they are not only constructive but great for teamworking and all sorts of other useful reallife skills, hmmm i should convince my company to use them for teambuilding exercises heheh [img]smile.gif[/img] dont think i'll get away with it though!
Old 11-29-2002, 07:47 PM   #20
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Mistral, I've never heard of that game. Is it a CRPG?
Cloudy, if you see this... here's the link to the game if you want have a go

http://www.astonia.com/