Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2001, 06:45 AM   #1
theos_gr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just wanted to know what is the difference between the two versions of the game (the international and the english one) ??? What about the bugs? I think there was a very recent release (just a few days ago) of a new english patch but not a release of an international one... Am i right? If yes, does this mean that the english version of the game works better than the international one now, or are they both the same? I had a look around but i couldn't find any details anywhere...
Also, how can u tell whether u have the english version of the game or the international?

Thanks in advance

Theos
Old 05-17-2001, 08:48 AM   #2
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Don´t know of a ne patch, but usually the english comes out first, and then the international. This is the usual way with games.
They do the english version and then adds the remaining for international and so they work.
With Severance (made in Spain) they released the international one first.. (since that include Europe hehe)

Well you don´t have to worry about either version being better or worse, now adays that is very seldom the case.

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-17-2001, 09:24 AM   #3
theos_gr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks WOLFGIR
Old 05-17-2001, 09:31 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

You are welcome, and welcome! to the board man! Sorry didn´t thought about that earlier!!

You can tell the games apart by asking you´re dealer.. Sorry, i think it says so somewhere on the box or in your manual. My manual has been translated to Swedish so I´m sure about mine version..

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
Old 05-17-2001, 09:42 AM   #5
theos_gr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The thing is that i don't have the manual with me at the moment.I left it home (in Greece) while now i m in UK....
I ll give it a try with the UK first and i ll see... who knows, it might even find out on its own that it needs the international version instead...

cu around!