Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2001, 05:09 AM   #51
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Oh.

And what, pray tell, are ditties? Not those little songs that you sing? Why would I want to take a look at those?
Old 02-05-2001, 08:34 AM   #52
bpm07

I dont know the exact words but: ... and my orders are to scare away any one who dares to approach, so ... bo!
Best one by a mile, also "i bet the turnip market's making a killing today".

There's a funny one with Minsc in the beginning as well when you've insulted him enough for him to pry the bars open. "ah, you are a smart one... "

Old 02-05-2001, 08:55 AM   #53
Caliton

One of My favorites is (and I dont know if it ais a zone specific one, or just an outdoors one, but..)
after I killed the shadow lord and , and walked about the zone for a while...

Jaheria- Jan, I notice that you are quite interested in this flora..
Jan- Why yes, in fact, it reminds me of my cousin Spanky..he had a garden once..( this goes on for a while, I cant remember all of it, mostly the same, though)
Jaheria- Jan.
Jan- Errr...um..Yes, Jaheria?
Jaheria- Not now.

And, of course, the line Minsc says before the Final battle..
"Boo and I are so tired of shouting battle crys in front of him..so for one last time: Evil, meet sword, Sword! MEET EVILL!!!

Old 02-20-2001, 10:42 PM   #54
islandrogue

Yeah minc's end speech is very cool (so brave and defiant) and Jaheira's lines arent so hot, but im an accent junkie and i almost have her's down

i thought it was cute when you asked jan jansen's niece tat what she would if you touched her cat..."ill bite your kneecaps!"

and when the town crier yells "ACTUALLY IM QUITE SHY!!!!"
i was a giggling mess.

Old 02-21-2001, 01:39 AM   #55
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Minsc - You could just say you don't know. Boo makes more sense and he does not have thumbs.

After the Cult of the Eyeless quest, some guard killed one of the prophets just as I was trying to talk to (wring his last words out of) him. I was left with:
Prophet - Death
Kaieg - You cannot initiate dialogue. Prophet appears busy.

On the island, there was the drunken pirate... "I'se the b'ye who burn the boat/And I'se the b'ye who loots 'er... Mmm... Looting..."

Kruin (the Gith-whateverheis), in response to telling him to do his worst: "Yeeeesh, I wouldn't say that. My worst can be pretty bad."

How about the elven war sages, after Underdark...
Kaieg - It must have been Bodhi... Blah, blah, blah.
Elven war sage - Truth.
Kaieg - Stop that already!
Old 02-21-2001, 01:39 AM   #56
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You must go to the potty before venturing forth.
Old 02-21-2001, 06:07 PM   #57
Drau
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Neb: Back off! Yer kneecaps are at me mercy!

From Baldur's Gate:
Garrick: I don't remember knowing a more caring person.
Kaieg: Hmmmmmm? (Apparently he wasn't sure what Garrick was trying to tell him.)
Old 02-21-2001, 06:15 PM   #58
Epona
Zartan

Best bit of dialogue IMHO is when Jan tries to steal Boo (several times), but the best is when he tells Minsc that he is dying of the Calamshite Itch and his last wish is comfort from a certain space hamster...
Old 02-21-2001, 06:28 PM   #59
Patriarch
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"No-one crosses the Shadow Thieves... and lives"
or in Kalah's room in the circus tent "You're not what? not my BEAST? oh but you are" or "Yes its a regular three-ring circus isnt it my beasts"
Old 02-21-2001, 07:55 PM   #60
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I think Korgan has a very good voice. I remember when I first played and he got a critical hit, he said "it's a SCULLBREAKER". I really like that line, all his lines are good.

Irenicus is the best, especially when you first come out of his dungeon, and he fights the shadow thieves or when he breaks free of spellhold.