Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2001, 03:42 PM   #1
Willy Wonka

I just wanted to say that its so nice to see a board with so many nice people and a few who really do help and care about others in the game. i like to read other peoples needs and the replies they get and it so nice to see people truly help. I play UO and there are so many jerks playing and not to mention on the boards. Thanks for keeping it fresh and fun to read GUYS and GALS!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2001, 04:23 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Willy Wonka (love the handle, BTW...one of my favorite movies and books!)

Thanks from all of us. We all feel this way, which is why we come here so often. I see Moni is still here, too, way to go Moni!! All of us tend to be a truly "mature" group, regardless of age. Maybe it has something to do with the nature of this particular game. I know what you mean about being on other boards and terrified to post a question because you're afraid you may be "flamed" for asking. You never have to worry about that here. I think I've seen only one or two flames while I've been here, and they died out pretty quickly and the flamers are either gone (or shaped up and changed their online handles, LOL). I know I've made a lot of friends here quickly.

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy the forum. We enjoy your being here and being with us.

Regards,
Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 04:46 PM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

I think it also helps that a lot of us are just a little bit crazy. Just look at the "Please finish the joke..." thread.

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 05:24 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Without a doubt, this place is the best!
And the real wonder of it all is that more and more great people keep finding us!!
Magic on the internet in action!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 05:58 PM   #5
Magnus

This is the first time I have done this Forum thing on a fairly regular basis...cos the people really are nice!
I just put 5,lBs of Lasagna in the oven...
Who's in!!
Old 01-21-2001, 07:06 PM   #6
skywalker
Banned User

Is the pan big enough for all of us to fit in?

Mark
Old 01-21-2001, 08:32 PM   #7
Moni

Do we have to click on the pan to be in it?
; )~
Moni

WillyWonka, you are absolutely right! Glad to have you here too!
Old 01-22-2001, 07:12 AM   #8
Heado'Cabbage

willy wonka -yeah, i know...its bloody amazing.

when i first started lurking about this board, one of the things that struck me about it was that u didnt need to duck flames with every post. tis very comforting. no need to worry about someone trying to make u feel stupid for asking a question. (check out the diablo 2 boards if u want to know what i mean. but then, i suspect everyone knows what i mean. heh, on this board, we've only got to contend with those bouncy stressballs in wyv's signature

im guessing the good natured feel of the board is at least partly due to the fact that WW is a niche or cult game. if it acquired mass popularity, i suspect things would change, as ppl came flooding in...

moni- hi. thanks for the welcome u posted in reply to my first post. ive not had much time to visit the board recently though, or even play WW much. afraid i wont be around as much as i'd like to be. real life and all that jazz...(im actually quiting my job, moving country, so...time is at a premium here)
Old 01-22-2001, 07:28 AM   #9
skywalker
Banned User

It appears this is a protected environment. I've been on another W&W board it wasn't like this at all. I hope we can continue this with other games that come out that have forums in the IronWorks family. (Like Wiz8 and maybe a sequel to this game).

Are the other boards here as friendly as this one?

Mark
Old 01-22-2001, 10:22 AM   #10
adam mage

aw shucks...