Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2003, 02:52 PM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

The first round of CD copy protection could be defeated by drawing a black magic marker line around the outer edge of the CD. So the CD folks regrouped and came back with something better... but not quite:

See here

All you need to defeat the latest round is a shift key...

Note that this is not an endorsement of breaking copy protection or anything else that might be against the IW TOS. It is, however, something I believe of interest here... if only to spur on the need for more beer at the Cafe.

Love the "Oh, yeah, we knew about that" line. Reminds me of George Carlin talking about cats... "I meant to slide across the floor and slam into the wall.. yeah, I meant that.... *walks out of sight* $%^$#%^ Me-yeoowwww!"

The cat is out of the bag. They need to find a way to live with it. And this does not contradict my earlier position, either.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 10-07-2003, 04:30 PM   #2
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

LOL, yeah..."We were fully aware" my foot. Why release it if such a simple thing could disable it? Duh...

[ 10-07-2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: slicer15 ]
Old 10-07-2003, 05:37 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

ROFLMAO...okkk, remind me to buy lots of cds :JK: I do not do piracy, and think it is stupid