Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 10:22 AM   #21
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

IW is great, none better, and that should stay that way If everyone just acted normal, there wouldn't be any trouble, I would really hate to see IW shut down Members of the forum, we have to honor our board, and it's moderator and webmaster. Memnoch, Saz, Ertai, Ziroc, Wyvern and CocoaSpud, you're doing an super excellent job (I hope I haven't forgot any webmaster or moderator, if so, sorry!)

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
You deal, I'll cut -- Lilarcor
Old 09-18-2001, 11:03 AM   #22
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I agree fully. I see our little city of Silverymoon has run into problems lately, let's hope we can solve them peacefully and return to our usual, easy-going, tolerant selves...
Oh, and BTW Miroc, you did forget someone: ! *gasp*

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 09-18-2001).]
Old 09-18-2001, 11:15 AM   #23
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

OOPS sorry!!!!!!

------------------
There's something in your eyes, ah no, I see now, it's the reflection of my deadly gaze - Mirac Honorguard
(Necromancer)
You deal, I'll cut -- Lilarcor

Old 09-18-2001, 12:32 PM   #24
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirac Honorguard:
OOPS sorry!!!!!!

Mirac, there's a typo in your sig. You have a space between the last word (blacklich.gif) and the closing IMG tag.

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 12:35 PM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
Wow...reading this thread makes things here sound like it has been terrible.
I actually have not read any threads that would explain why this warning has come into effect.
Sure, I noticed a few closed threads, one for the overall size of the thing, but I would not agree that the forum has degenerated to mud.
Maybe I have been reading the wrong threads...
I still find great peace here, and I am still having a wonderful time.
The people that are responsible for any damage done and are guilty of thread degeneration are at least aware now that those attitudes are not acceptable.
Ziroc had implemented a no-tolerance policy, but has been unable to enforce that himself, lately, due to understandable circumstances.
The moderators are alot more forgiving, and more tolerant than Ziroc has been. Maybe the Mods should say less and do more, following Ziroc's example, if there truelly is a problem.

The vast majority of people here are fine. It's only a small minority at the moment - and it's been fuelled by some emotions running unchecked. Self-control is the key! Never let them see you sweat.

It's a bit different for mods, Larry - we have to make decisions on each of these issues, and try to fit it all in with our outside lives. But I wouldn't trade this for the world. I love this place and I will bleed for it if necessary.

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 12:39 PM   #26
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Great points Saz. if everyone just stays calm and level headed none of this would happen. But we are all humans so we can't all the time so all we can ask for is tolerance.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 09-18-2001, 02:59 PM   #27
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

Thanks Memnoch, I got it right (after some incredibly stupid mistakes )

------------------
(Necromancer)
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
Old 09-18-2001, 03:04 PM   #28
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Someone (I think it was Dio) brought up the issue of a "cooling-off" period, and I think that would be a great idea. I can only hope that everyone will cool down eventually and that Gen Con will return to being a fun and friendly place to be once more.

Thanks,

If Dio wanted cooling off periods he might refrain from some of the ...instigation that he throws out with some of his posts. Personaly I don't have a problem with him or anyone else but If Ive been too energetic in my debates Im sorry. Skywalker and I seem to have mended our fences a bit once we both got a better understanding of the other. I think it was our energetic discourse that made the eventual better relationship possible.....but then again I may be just sniffing dandylions in the meadow too.

------------------
Disintigration is easy, If you really want to impress me, ReIntegrate it.

[This message has been edited by MagiK (edited 09-18-2001).]

Old 09-18-2001, 05:38 PM   #29
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

The mods in here are just

THE BEST!

------------------

Old 09-18-2001, 05:58 PM   #30
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Over the past week, I have seen Gen Con descend into fracas after fracas with a bunch of petty quibbling, back-biting, sniping, dirty laundry-airing, and out and out flaming behavior. I am embarrassed, disappointed, appalled, and disgusted.

Ironworks is what YOU make of it. Not Dan. Not Memnoch, nor Javi, nor I, nor Wyvern, nor Cocoa_Spud. YOU...the posters. The members of the Ironworks community. You have the ability to make this the best set of forums on the Internet, or to lower it to become the Great Cosmic Toilet. Right now, it's looking more and more like the Great Cosmic Toilet, and let me tell you something, it's smelling pretty bad, folks.

Just to clear up some potential misunderstandings, let me explain a few things:

1.) If Ziroc, Memnoch, Javi, or I close off a thread, it's because the discussion in that thread became so hurtful to someone or inflammatory in general that any further course along the thread would be futile. Quite often, I leave threads open to try to give people a chance to clear things with each other. After a certain point, it becomes hopeless. After a thread is closed, this does NOT give the participants, or anyone else, license to open a NEW topic to bash the same issue! Please refrain from doing so.

2.) I know we have some visitors here from other forums. We welcome all our guests, and hope that they will become regulars at Ironworks as well. I would strongly ask all of you, if there are "issues" between members at those forums, please keep them at those forums and do not air them at Ironworks. If it doesn't have to do with Ironworks, don't bring it up. Ok?

3.) Memnoch has said this so many times the poor fellow feels like he's spamming it, so I'll take over. Treat one another with respect. Just because you disagree with someone does not give you the right to treat them like dirt publicly. If you can't treat someone with respect...IGNORE them. Overlook them. No one will think the less of you for failing to respond to someone's post, especially if the other person is trying to pick a fight. It takes two to tango, you know.

4.) Please, please, PLEASE take whatever personal issues you have with other members to personal messengers (PMs) or to e-mail. That's what they're there for. It lowers the morale of the entire community to wade through threads that were once on great topics that degenerate into sniping and flame fests between two or more parties. It does not encourage others to start threads if they think that all that will happen is that their topic will result in a flamewar. I understand that in the heat of the moment, one generally doesn't think about such things, but if you feel your anger rising, rather than respond on board, e-mail the person or PM them instead. Be considerate of the other posters.

*sigh* I really wish I didn't have to say these things. They should be self-evident. Someone (I think it was Dio) brought up the issue of a "cooling-off" period, and I think that would be a great idea. I can only hope that everyone will cool down eventually and that Gen Con will return to being a fun and friendly place to be once more.

Thanks,

This is defnitely something for everyone to pay attention to... The reason BGDungeon Forums (and the whole site later, but I don't think that's realted) closed was that the forums just got too unruly, insulting, flame-filled, and generally unpleasant that the moderators couldn't keep up with it, and had to close it because they were getting a huge number of consistent complaints... I wouldn't want to see that happen here. *shudder*

------------------
Lord of the RaBid Fruit Trees. ChAos rules all! Bwahahahaha...
:1drgat1: