Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2002, 03:10 AM   #1
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

How random are the items found in this game? Are the items found in chests etc random? How about on monsters? Just wondering how replayable this game is...
THANKS!
Old 10-28-2002, 06:37 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I would say about 50% of the time, the items are random. Only in a few places are they always the same.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:19 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

I'd say about 10 or 20% of the items in chests are random, out of a medium-sized selection. In fact, I don't think it's 1 in 5, so less than 20%. Certainly not 1 in 2.

Many monsters also have random items, out of a small selection. There are lots of options here, close to 50% of these are random, but due to the small range they're selected from you won't find many special ones (read: none, unless you count fire arrows as special)
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:55 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... I guess if you need a dose of randomness; you can always shake the...
~
~
~
~
Chapter 3 Item Spoiler
~
~
~
~
... Jester Bag of Holding. My Archer's main source of enchanted arrows. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:29 PM   #5
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Well... I guess if you need a dose of randomness; you can always shake the...
~
~
~
~
Chapter 3 Item Spoiler
~
~
~
~
... Jester Bag of Holding. My Archer's main source of enchanted arrows. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hey! I'm in chapter 5, and I never found a Jester Bag of Holding!!!
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:43 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I believe you get the Jesters bag of holding in the severd hand off a ghost goblin on the second floor. My guess would be the ghost goblin that you talk to and all the wolves appear and attack you.

[ 10-28-2002, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:56 PM   #7
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by pritchke:
I believe you get the Jesters bag of holding in the severd hand off a ghost goblin on the second floor. My guess would be the ghost goblin that you talk to and all the wolves appear.
Never met a Ghost Goblin that I actually talked to :cry:
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 07:04 PM   #8
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Maybe he just spots you and all the ghost wolves appear to attack you. Either way when you kill that goblin he drops the jesters bag of holding. At least I think he does.

[ 10-28-2002, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:47 PM   #9
NobleNick
Quintesson

Sir Goulum,

Ha, ha! That is because you move through the game with too much speed, grasshopper. You should use slowpoke method, like me: been at this game over half a year (and over 120 hours) and still in Severed Hand.

You should go back and get it. It is worth the entertainment value!

pritchke, I *THINK* you are right. I just got the jester's bag last night. Aaagghh!! It was only hours ago, but I stayed up very late playing (a rare event, brought on by the interest and challenge of this area) and now my sleepy brain can't remember! I know I got it fairly close to the.... (SPOILER)
goblin that cuts loose all the worgs on you. I did not get a chance to talk to him, since my thief was WAY away from the party and hidden in shadows when she triggered this event. All the worgs raced to the other end of the floor to the rest of my party, while the goblin shouted words of encouragement to his pets. By the time my party had hacked through the worgs, NOBODY was in a talkative mood! I forget where I got the bag, but am very sure it was either on this floor (most likely) or the next one up.
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 06:27 AM   #10
Legolas
Jack Burton

Yes, it's definately on the worg trainer in the SW end of the second (third?) level of the Hand. I'll admit that does add a LOT of randomness, even if it is usable only once each day.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote