Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2002, 05:58 PM   #1
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

I have just started playing the game a second time, but a lot of the items I picked up the first time are not where I remember picking them up, also I have found many new items that I never found the first time through and I am a very thorough player who checks every nuck and cranny, and so I cannot imagine missing much the first time through. So my conclusion is that the items are random or it is just because it has been ages since I played through the first time and I have forgotten all the items. Are they random or is it just me?.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:10 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

A number of item locations ARE randomized. The first time you enter a specific dungeon level, the random item tables are set and the item you will find is determined. Some of the item tables for specific locations have been adjusted with HOW so you may find that items you find before have been totally removed from the tables.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 06:10 PM   #3
NobleNick
Quintesson

Some treasure caches are standard (don't change). Others change from game to game. The ones that change have been catalogued and lists are available on the web. From what I have learned on this forum, the random treasures in a location are determined when your party enters that location the first time in the game; i.e., leaving and re-entering the level (e.g. Kresselack's Tomb, level 3) won't re-randomize the treasures on that level: they remain fixed.
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 05:43 PM   #4
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

thanx guys that has cleared my mind a bit.
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 08:10 PM   #5
zakharak
The Magister

I think that if you are unsatisfied with the weapon, you could Auto-Save just outside of that area (dungeon, etc.) and then, on the inside, Quick-Save and go invisible to the random chest or whatever, and do that until you get what you want.
I don't know, i tried this once, but i could not figure out where the random was located. And, when you open a chest you are re-visible.
So, when you get what you want, Quick-load, and just play through. It works.

By the way:
Props to whoever i leaked this info from. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Spread the wealth!
Old 03-08-2002, 10:52 AM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by zakharak:
By the way:
Props to whoever i leaked this info from. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Most likely it was Micah Foehammer, a veritable font of useful info.

Has anyone altered their random item tables yet?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote