Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 11:15 PM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Peter Forsberg of the Colrodo Avalanch is 'steping aside' for right now. He said his injurys wear geting too much and he needs to relax and 'feel his body.'.

Forsberg made the announcement at the Globe Arena, where the Avalanche was preparing to play an exhibition game Sunday.

"The reason we are here is that I am going to take a break from hockey for a while and just get my body back in the shape I want it to be in, to be able to play at the level I want to play,"

In 73 games last season, Forsberg scored 27 goals and 62 assists and was a plus-23. He is winner of the 1995 Calder Trophy as the NHL's top rookies and was originally selected on the first round of the NHL Entry Draft by the Philadelphia Flyers. He was part of the blockbuster package that went to the Quebec Nordiques for the rights to Eric Lindros and blossomed with the Avalanche in Colorado

He said it was not just the spleen injury that pushed him into this decinon,but all the injurys he has suffered in his carerer.

To that end, Forsberg said this wasn't a retirement announcement.

"No, I'm not retiring. I don't want to retire," he said. "I love hockey and I want to get back playing but how long it's going to take, I don't know."

So, it's possible Forsberg could opt to sit out the entire 2001-02 NHL season.

" I feel like I should be able to get back and play, but I don't really know"

He says he dosent want to leave the Avalanch ( damn it ) but he must.

Forsberg indicated he would not come back to solely play for Sweden at the 2002 Winter Olympics, reiterating his desire to play for the Avalanche again (Man big big lose for Sweeden)

"Like I said I'm not going to go play in the Olympics and not play for the Avalanche. If I healthy I will go back and play with the Avalanche. I will not be going with the team back to Denver, but my intention is to go back to Denver. I hope people aren't mad at me. This is a health issue so I will go back to Denver, not to practice but I will go back there. I have a lot of friends, a lot of people that I want to see, I have been in Sweden for a long time."

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester of Laghing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

"You guys way off,you guys kick ass, Live at Buddahkhan, Intenceidy-in-tence-city"
Old 09-18-2001, 01:47 AM   #2
G'kar

Man, Forsberg is one of my favorite players, he will be missed in future games, both real and virtual!!!

Old 09-18-2001, 02:16 AM   #3
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by G'kar:
Man, Forsberg is one of my favorite players, he will be missed in future games, both real and virtual!!!
Yup. I like him alot too. Despite he on the EVIL COLOROADO TEAM!!!

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
Old 09-18-2001, 04:33 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

It´s a sad sad day... BUHUUU *snyft*

Well, there are plenty of good Swedes left in the NHL!

Hopefully, he can start coaching perhaps!

------------------

Be vevvy qwiet..I´m hunting wabbits...
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 09-18-2001, 05:33 AM   #5
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Yup. I like him alot too. Despite he on the EVIL COLOROADO TEAM!!!

EVIL??? That was on me mister man!!! Who do you think you are? What are your silly looking red hatted red-wings?! Just coz they got Hasek and some other morons that doesn't mean they are gonna beat MY Avs!!!

Actually, I forgot your team.. wehehehehehe

------------------

Heya! It's just me, Bahamut!
Old 09-18-2001, 02:38 PM   #6
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Bahamut:
EVIL??? That was on me mister man!!! Who do you think you are? What are your silly looking red hatted red-wings?! Just coz they got Hasek and some other morons that doesn't mean they are gonna beat MY Avs!!!

Actually, I forgot your team.. wehehehehehe

LOL!!

Man,forgetting a friends team..shame on you..

I like New Jersey..Funny I call you evil,huh? Seeing how we are the devils and all.

------------------

Old 09-18-2001, 03:14 PM   #7
Istaron
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:

Forsberg indicated he would not come back to solely play for Sweden at the 2002 Winter Olympics, reiterating his desire to play for the Avalanche again (Man big big lose for Sweeden)
Well, he never play in the World Championchips, so he shouldn't be ALLOWED to play in the WO.

Well, one can always hope he comes home to play in elit-serien

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 09-18-2001, 04:50 PM   #8
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Hes not done for good...He just needs a break.

Rember he did just a couple months ago had a ruptured spleen removed not to mention some ankle or leg injuries recently too.

Just read an article about Lemieux saying how much he knew what Forsberg was going through...How Mario need a break in 94 after his hodkins recovery.

I personally think that Forsberg will sit the year out, still play in the Olympics and be back in the NHL next year. At least i hope so...

Avalanche are Canucks division rivals so i say good...get lost Forsberg. Just joking hes a world class talent a good guy too. But still its good for the Canucks.

Hey Wolfgir...Vancouver is practically a team Sweden in its own right. Just coming into his own as a superstar in recent years: the awesome Markus Naslund...Vancouvers Captain. Also Mattias Ohlund...Amazing Defence...Logs huge minutes and never makes bad plays. Who could forget the Sedin twins. These guys are still so young and playing together they come up with some amazing plays! I think all four of these guys will be on team Sweden come Olympics. Maybe Ed Jovanovski will make team Canada...I hope so. He is just coming into his own as well.
Old 09-18-2001, 05:22 PM   #9
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Yeah I think it will be much like Marios sintiation.

Gone a couple of years (If that long) then come back. He said he was not retiring, just taking a break..

------------------