Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 03:21 PM   #1
Charlie
Lord Ao

You know you go through life, you meet people, you forget 95% of them if the truth is known, sometimes people impact upon you. Leonis is the bollocks, the real McCoy, one of one percent that you can say..."yeah, he's f****ng proper and I've been priviledged to meet up with him". Well that's Leonis....one in a million. I have to leave Sidney now, I'm spitting that I never met Memnoch in person....truly gutted. But I will leave here with overriding thoughts of the many special people I have met...Leonis is at the top of the tree.

Gutted I gotta go, gutted I never met or achieved the things I wanted to do on a personal level, but f**k my old boots, if just meeting one decent person doesn't make up for the perceived losses then I'm truly lost.

Leonis, I gotta go my dear friend, thanks for your company, Dimitri's too. It was a blast and I'm truly indebted to you. I gotta go but I just wanted to share my thoughts on what a particularly special bloke you are. I'm hoping the sun shines in your life soon and just wanting to tell the Ironworkers who can only perceive through text your persona. Text will never do you justice. You really are one in a million.

Take care friend, we'll meet again I'm sure. Hopefully we can get Hugh, Mario...the whole firm together...

But just for now I must go, oh, and thank you for your kind words on poetry and calling me a poet, quite moving so thankyou, I'll take those words with me, I know they were heartfelt and it struck a chord with me that you should feel inclined to say such things.

Well, I could sit here and write all night but it's real important that I move on now.

Fellow Ironworkers, you have some fantastic people in your ranks, Leonis ranks amongst the greats....

Text doesn't make the man, a man only makes the text, we can't always judge the man behind the text until we meet him. Thanks for judging me on merit not words. Take care Leonis, it's now 5:20AM so I gotta fly, never said half of what I wanted but wanted to get across that you're a special guy. You take real good care....

Charlie.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 10-05-2003, 04:34 PM   #2
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Glad to see you had a good time in Sydney after all [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 04:44 PM   #3
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer128:
Glad to see you had a good time in Sydney after all [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yeah, I was afraid he would have a bad time, and get all disappointed in what he thought was the most lovely country/city on Earth. I'm happy for you Charlie [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 04:53 PM   #4
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

This was sweet, Charlie. [img]smile.gif[/img] And I'm a hundred percent sure Leonis is a terrific person from all I know of him and his bro. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It's really too bad you missed out on meeting up with Memsie, but never say never...who knows, he could visit London one day! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2003, 11:07 PM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Seems like you just made a new friend (and a new "Mr. popularity").

You know, life online is strange. You can choose to respect or to disrespect people online, you can form friendships or (this even sounds silly as I write it) make "enemies" but there is nothing like the wake-up call of meeting someone you know from the internet in person. Now this is not to say anything less of those we meet via the internet but, in this quasi-real cyberspace of forums and chatrooms it can sometimes lose meaning or lack wholeness. Finally seeing that the person behind the screen brings it all back especially if you consider yourself close It's like..."This guy is actually REAL!".
Old 10-06-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Charlie you went to Australia then? I'm going to f@#$ing strangle you I'm jealous mate now get your ass back to the states for a bit!!!!! Paul btw glad you had a good time buddy
Old 10-06-2003, 12:23 AM   #7
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

glad you had a good time buddy! maybe next time you come over or me coming over there we should meet up. cheers! .

Catch me if you can..
Old 10-07-2003, 08:53 AM   #8
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

**I've been trying to reply to this since yesterday morning but keep getting server errors. Here's hoping this works again**

Charlie mate, I am humbled by your post, and humbled to have met you. You're an outstanding guy, a bloody legend! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

I can only echo back what you said. I feel privileged to have met up with you, albeit only briefly. It's funny how just one night with someone you've never really met before can be at once so meaningful, entertaining and special.

I hope you got to Melbourne ok and weren't feeling too rough on the flight! I also really hope you find your old mate. Good luck with that. It'd be great if you did make it back here before leaving, we'll drag Memnoch out of whatever bevvy of women or cars he's with at the time by hook or by crook to make sure he attends... I'm sure we can get Harks and wellard too...
If not, I'll have to get over to England soon - 'cause I believe it's my shout... [img]graemlins/cheers.gif[/img]

Have fun on the rest of your trip Charlie - It was a real honour and a pleasure to have been a part of it! [img]smile.gif[/img]