Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2003, 05:40 PM   #81
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I feel that Logan's actions were justified. There were kids in there, and when a group with live ammuniton and no identification bursts into a place packed with kids, I think i'd fight back too.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:41 PM   #82
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
You're looking at it from Logan's point-of-view. Using your argument, Logan may be able to avoid a death sentence (I guess we'd use an adamantium injection - that seems to work), but he would certainly get manslaughter.

But, more importantly, from the governmental perspective, the feds had EVERY RIGHT to go in, neutralize potential terrorists, and cart them off to Guantanamo Bay for a little vacation and interrogation. Plus, the SR-71 alone would get them all on the hook for high crimes and treason.

Sorry you don't like it when I apply the same laws to mutants instead of Al Queda, but the truth is the truth.
Yes I am looking at it from Logan's POV. Otherwise it is impossible to truly judge his actions.

Logan and everyone under his protection are part of unprotected and persecuted ethnic minority that just a year earlier had been on the verge of being tagged, sorted and carted off to concentration camps. Logan's own personally experience with the majority is extremely warped as they experimented heavily on him wiping out his memory of the past. He had good reason to use deadly force to protect himself and the others.

I agree the Gov had a right to go in. Under the circumstances they should have expected heavy resistance, which they did having contrived to remove the one mutant that would have stopped them cold.

Edit: Also have a sneaking suspecion the gov agency the Stryker was head of would be found wanting under the law

[ 05-05-2003, 05:45 PM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 05-05-2003, 05:44 PM   #83
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

So you admit that a group of exceedingly powerful deviants who possess military-grade hardware and WoMD and are housed in a state-of-the-art compound complete with hidden airport, escape tunnels, and underground bunkers are properly regarded as a likely terrorist threat? Me too! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Now, on to mutant registration....
Old 05-05-2003, 05:49 PM   #84
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I think Mutant registration is stupid.. [img]tongue.gif[/img] They should abide by laws like anyone else, but Mutant Registration is no different to Apartide and Racism [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2003, 05:51 PM   #85
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Vote "NO" to Proposition 401
Old 05-05-2003, 05:53 PM   #86
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

As a different species, does homo superior get the full protection of the constitution?? "Race," if it is anything is a sub-species group. Actually it's a sub-sub-species since all humans are technically homo sapiens sapiens, but that's another issue.

When does the national security threat rise to the level that you can put these concerns aside. Remember Japanese internment during WWII of the Supreme Court's Korematsu opinion upholding it?

What if we don't identify them by genetics, but rather by association. Thus, any member of the group "X-men," just like any memeber of "Al-Queda," can be pursued??
Old 05-05-2003, 05:55 PM   #87
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
So you admit that a group of exceedingly powerful deviants who possess military-grade hardware and WoMD and are housed in a state-of-the-art compound complete with hidden airport, escape tunnels, and underground bunkers are properly regarded as a likely terrorist threat? Me too! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Now, on to mutant registration....
Or, if the gov was smart they would open a dialog and gain a powerful ally, just a thought.
Old 05-05-2003, 05:56 PM   #88
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Yes, Al Queda could be a powerful ally. If not for those nasty differences of opinion....
Old 05-05-2003, 05:57 PM   #89
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Yes but you're born a mutant, you arn't born a terrorist.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:01 PM   #90
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
As a different species, does homo superior get the full protection of the constitution?? "Race," if it is anything is a sub-species group. Actually it's a sub-sub-species since all humans are technically homo sapiens sapiens, but that's another issue.

When does the national security threat rise to the level that you can put these concerns aside. Remember Japanese internment during WWII of the Supreme Court's Korematsu opinion upholding it?

What if we don't identify them by genetics, but rather by association. Thus, any member of the group "X-men," just like any memeber of "Al-Queda," can be pursued??
Well conversely as a different species would they even be subject to existing laws? Do we apply existing laws to dolphins, dogs or horses?