Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2003, 08:55 AM   #81
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
D'oh Cloudy

I've just tried to put this all back on a happier track [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/braveheart.gif[/img]

Now Masklinn and all, are we at least agreed that Mayonnaise should not be allowed within 3 metres of a fried potato
Is that ordinary mayonnaise or just Freedom Mayonnais?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-17-2003, 08:56 AM   #82
Moiraine
Anubis

Clouddy, if you read Khazadman's and Karlosovic's posts on page 3, you can understand some of the unhappiness Masklinn and I are going through. I am personnally feeling quite upset by these two posts - and also by the fact that nobody told them anything.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:56 AM   #83
Masklinn

Yes Cloudbringer, I wrote that by frustration. What made me mad is the fact that "hanging banners saying that french are fools" would be appropriate.

Appropriate ?

What I wanted to show with my post is how that kind of "appropriate" behaviour could lead to some less appropriate one. I am anyway sure that some people of IW are actually thinking like that.

Please don't be too disapointed by me. You wouldn't like being currently in my shoes. In so many occasions I could have gone really mad and offending/flaming/isulting. But I didn't. And I don't think I will. Instead I am just being a bit sarcastic there and then.

But this is behind us now. As you can see we currently have a nice little talk about fries and how tey are eaten around the world.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:57 AM   #84
Donut
Jack Burton

A friend of mine just got back from New Orleans. He was very disappointed that he could not get Freedom Fries in the Freedom Quarter!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-17-2003, 08:58 AM   #85
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by karlosovic:
someone sent me an email recently, summarising the last ~2000 years of french military history. It turns out, in the history of French civilisation, they avoided defeat twice. Once they were led by a girl, the other by a corsican.

Not that I'm saying the USA should invade France (as they invade enough other countries to satisfy ANY redneck hillbilly president's lust for violence), I'm just saying you might not want to suggest it too loudly yourself or you might give them ideas.

On another note... how does France get veto powers in the first place ? USA, England, Russia all won WW2...I cant say as I know what the hell China was doing, but they DO have the highest population in the world, so that's fair. But what did France do to get a Veto ? Australia and Canada did way more to win WW2 than France. France basically spent WW2 bent over with their collective butts in the air for Germany to have their way with. It really is beyond me.

But if the USA is having a hissy fit about France poo-pooing their war just because France wants to sell Iraq guns... well the americans are just pissed off cause they lost the contract, and their embargo doesn't work.

Finally; I would personally feel ebarrassed if I demeened myself enough to ask for "freedom fries" (I mean, how lame and sappy IS that ?!). But then I thought: "what did I expect from the culture that fostered that Springer idiot and all the other tarts that run similar 'talk-shows'? "

You GO Girl!
Karlosovic, aside from the fact that your post is incredibly insulting to alot of people of various nationalities, this line
Quote:
Australia and Canada did way more to win WW2 than France. France basically spent WW2 bent over with their collective butts in the air for Germany to have their way with.
is over the top. Start thinking about WHO you are talking to and re-read your post twice before hitting the send button from now on. I don't want to see inflammatory stuff like this in the futured. Your opinions are one thing, your phrasing of them is another and this is rude and baiting. Thankfully not too many people picked up the dangling bait and we don't have a flamefest here.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:01 AM   #86
Masklinn

Quote:
Now Masklinn and all, are we at least agreed that Mayonnaise should not be allowed within 3 metres of a fried potato
No way, Mayo and Fries were born to live together.

Vinegar was born to live with salad though ! So stop with this un-natural mariage
Old 03-17-2003, 09:03 AM   #87
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Clouddy, if you read Khazadman's and Karlosovic's posts on page 3, you can understand some of the unhappiness Masklinn and I are going through. I am personnally feeling quite upset by these two posts - and also by the fact that nobody told them anything.
Good point Moiraine - it looks as though some people are walking around with a Freedom Fry on their shoulder!
Old 03-17-2003, 09:07 AM   #88
Donut
Jack Burton

Okay - I'm getting the hang of this personal protest stuff. Debbie Harry for instance is certainly a traitor unless she records this:

Debbie Harry

Freedom Kissing in the USA

Love's touch comes to mean so much
(Embrasser c'est Liberte, Embrasser c'est Liberte)
Love's way, S'abandonner
Slip inot the velvet glove
Parted lips so filled with love
Freedom kissin' in the USA
Hey Freedom kissin'
Lips are in motion
(Ocean to ocean) Woah
Paris is calling
(Falling, we're falling, Oooh Oh Oh)
Lips close then blossom like a rose
Lips wide holding you inside
Kisses hard kisses deep, a kiss to wake us from our sleep
Take you lover by the hand, speak in tongues and understand
Hey Freedom kissin'
Lips are in motion
(Ocean to ocean) Woah
Paris is calling
(Falling, we're falling, Oooh Oh Oh)
Hey Freedom kissin'
Old 03-17-2003, 09:08 AM   #89
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Masklinn, I thank you...that post of mine was a personal one, not a moderator one, just in case you didn't realize. [img]smile.gif[/img] I really was disappointed, because you and several others have always kept your 'calm' and not retaliated in the same way that some people seem to feel they have to 'attack' in. Still, I DO understand how you feel. Have been there myself, after 9-11 ( I live in upstate NY and we saw up close the aftermath and worked with the victims ). I know it may be hard to understand, but many of us here who are American, felt that way on the war forum after 9-11. We felt our 'friends' were ragging on us, our hearts and souls were in agony and yet were were sitting here being villified for the war on terrorism as if we were the most hateful creatures in the universe...heck, I think even Smeagol/gollum was more loved then..

Seriously, Masklinn, I understand and just want you to know that in some small ways I think the 'heated' opinions you see from American members, may stem from the resentment and pain of that time. And of course, there are always those who just don't like being disagreed with. [img]smile.gif[/img]

No hard feelings. Please take a break if you feel yourself pushed to the limit, though. Never feel you have to stay on a thread that gets you angry or frustrated.
Old 03-17-2003, 09:17 AM   #90
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

I must appologise about my post. You're all right, it was way over the top, especially reguarding the French. This whole war thing is starting to get to me a bit I guess. Our country is getting dragged into this stupid war simply because we have to go off and fight anytime the USA does. No one in the country wants it except our idiot prime ministor, it doesn't seem like many people in the USA want a war either, except George Bush, and the only thing stopping the war at the moment is France... so I have no idea why laid into them, but I'm sorry. Won't happen again.

on the other hand... there are only 2 things you can put on chips...
salt & vinegar, or gravy. mayo is incorrect.