Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2002, 11:25 AM   #81
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME BACK, GARNET!!! [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

I've missed you greatly. It's good to see you back with us again.

I will gladly extend an invitation for you to join the discussion, if you feel inclined. Grungi originally stated that his view applies to ALL religions, but Christianity does seem to be the primary focus for most of his angst.

It might be good to hear from an objective 3rd party on the subject, but I will leave that decision to you. You are certainly welcome to join - or not - as your conscience dictates.
Old 12-03-2002, 02:06 PM   #82
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Wow love DOES mellow you allright !
LOL, well that isn't it at all. First, I don't hold grudges and second, I agreed with him

Old 12-03-2002, 02:07 PM   #83
MagiK

Garnet dear [img]smile.gif[/img] Welcome back! and umm you know, here at IW no one needs an invite to toss their two cents into the ring

Old 12-03-2002, 02:40 PM   #84
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome back, Garnet! LOL, MagiK said it... you don't need an invitation here!
Old 12-03-2002, 03:07 PM   #85
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:

.... but theres not a religious person i know who would do that
Which includes myself and any religious person on this board who talks to you. Hence the 'tone' of my reply.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 12-03-2002, 03:10 PM   #86
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:

sarcastic comments........
.......are a rich and venerable tradition in Australian culture. He made a silly and derisive call. Big deal. What else did he expect?

Old 12-03-2002, 03:11 PM   #87
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Garnet FalconDance:
On second thought, (and this is a ponderence, not a wailing pity-party), this thread seems to pertain to Christians mainly......which I am not. So I think unless I am invited to participate (and that is *not* a hint), I shall simply read and shake my head at the comments made. I can understand Cerek's points as well as Yorrick's. Grungi has the right to his, as well, but as Cloudy so sweetly points out to us all sooner or later, sweeping generalizations about anything usually leads to trouble.

::applauds Cerek's actions with the strangers at the door.....and points out the wisdom of said actions::
Good to see you back Garnet.

Old 12-03-2002, 03:16 PM   #88
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
quote:
sarcastic comments like that can also be found to be insulting, yes he got it wrong but no need to be like that when your purporting christian values in the same breath, am i misunderstanding but arent you a good christian? or is that just your father? if its you then you should be ashamed and be helpful to arion instead of sarcastic.
Sarcastic was it ? Uh, I believe it was rather said with a huge grin and a twinkle in Yorick's merry eyes.
[/QUOTE]That it was Claude.

Old 12-03-2002, 03:28 PM   #89
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
At least I have science to back up evolution.
I dont really want to get too deeply into this topic, because, even though I happen to be what is considered an athiest, I also dont feel any overriding need to 'prove' to the faithful that they're 'misguided, stuipd, ignorant, or mentally unbalanced(nods to Drammie)'. I just wanted to comment on this one little point.

LordKathen...I would seriously like you to show me a single *REPUTABLE* scientific study that backs up Evolution as a viable theory. Darwin was a fraud and a liar who made up the facts to fit his 'theories'. Carbon dating is nothing more than the 'scientists' best guess(i.e. if they want to 'prove' that a piece is 100 million years old, they stick it in a machine, the machine goes *PING* and they say "Yep, it's about 100 million years old)...carbon dating has been proven wrong again and again and again. Petrification of trees/animals has been found to be a process that take a couple of MONTHS, not 'millions of years'(I refer you to a small lake below Mt St Helens. When the volcano blew, all of the trees in the lake were buried in ash and debris. About a year later the lake was dug out and...guess what...petrified trees).

Anyway...these are just a couple of examples about how 'Evolutionary "Sceince"' is nothing but a bunch of ridiculous claptrap with no Scientific principles whatsoever.

Anyway...I'm not attacking you LK, please dont think I am. I just really get my nose out of joint when people start talking about Evolution and Science in the same sentence. I'm highly interested in Science, Physics, and several related fields. And so called 'Evolutionary Scientists' are just as big a bunch of quacks as 'Psychiatrists'(Or "Mental Health Professionals' as they would have themselves be called).

Anyway... [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] over. Carry on Citizens, nothing to see here. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 12-03-2002, 03:31 PM   #90
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:
Does anyone win an arguement over religion?
Yes!

The one who doesn't feel compelled to involve themselves in this type of argument wins every time. Of course, I've never been able to win...lol.
[/QUOTE]Me either. Well, once, I thought I was going to win, but I got so irritated that I spent several pages ranting...and lost again. [img]graemlins/verysad.gif[/img]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"