Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 10:45 AM   #81
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
Well if you do disbelive in a god, you must accept that there is no meaning to life, some people cant accept that. I know some people who point blank refuse to accept that the universe simply exists because statisically unlikely things will at some point happen.
true

what if God created the perception of this physical world? what if he created the physical reality so we can understand it? so statistic has nothing to do with it.

well, we never know
so we can never be sure

but that is not the case, it is all about faith here. you do not question God's existence. he exists sololy for you, if you have faith in him

if you turn away from him, he never existed for you
Old 09-16-2001, 10:48 AM   #82
Dramnek_Ulk

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
so i take that I answered your questions since you no longer question me

I think we pretty much know what to do, because God had set some examples

we love
we care
we give compassion
we give sympathy
we respect
we tolerate
we trust

correct? are you saying "how do we know what to do" as in daily based actions? well, then sorry, God doesn't tell you that, and in a way, he does

you don't have to understand how God thinks, but these virtues are the guidence of God, you live by it. that means, we know what we do, even though we don't understand God's plan.
The bible is pretty clear about not tolerateing a lot of things. Christianity itself has been a model of racism,hatred and bigotry thorugh the ages. So i dont think you can say we learn these things from a god. And if god was good why would he allow his representitives on earth to be so very evil?

Old 09-16-2001, 10:58 AM   #83
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I think the Be-All-End-All statement is that
Because our God is so Loving,
He gave us..
Free Will
The power of choice, and the power to choose. A true, loving God wouldn not impose himself on others, just as if you loved a person, you would not force yourself or your ideals on your loved one. You would always give the person the right to choose. Just as you can be angry with a spouse, a parent, a brother or sister, God can be angry with you, but he does not force you to do what he says. He is not a facist God. Just as you know the consequences of not obeying the law, or your father's command, we Christians know the consequences of straying from God. He does not lay down his law and challenge us to break it, he lays down his law and tells us what happens if we do.
But just as every father will accept his wayward son home, our God will also accept us back into his embrace should we CHOOSE to return to him.
And that is why, for those not in the family, people cannot understand our religion. They are outsiders looking in, not members of the family. At the end of days, God takes care of family business, and brings his loved ones, his children, to him in heaven. That is why, for Christians, we await this day, but for nonbelievers, who will be cast out of the house of God because they do not belong, they fear this day.

That is all I'm going to say, because I dont wish to cause a rift in the forum, and the starter of this thread already stated that he did not want this to be a Christian-bashing thread.

And Cloudy, thanks a bunch for putting things in such an eloquent manner!
"Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called Sons(or daughers) of God"

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-16-2001, 11:00 AM   #84
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
The bible is pretty clear about not tolerateing a lot of things. Christianity itself has been a model of racism,hatred and bigotry thorugh the ages. So i dont think you can say we learn these things from a god. And if god was good why would he allow his representitives on earth to be so very evil?
tee hee
Yorick is a christian, hmmm, is he racism?
Ladyzekke is a christian, lets see, is she full of hatred?

those christians you portrayed were condamned by Jesus, they are "hypocrytes"

Yorick can word it much convincing and better looking than me, of course

as why does God allow those christian to exist, sigh, you still haven't got the point, did you?

did you?

did you??!

now let me say this for one last time

GOD doesn't interven with human lives

that means he will NOT send a thunderbolt to punish some evil merchant who cheated you, he will NOT cast Meteor Swam on your boss because he lowered your wage... got it?
Old 09-16-2001, 11:01 AM   #85
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

In some ways Falwell is no better than Bin Laden. The differece is he uses words not bombs. But he's still as dangerous! Personally, he's also an IDIOT!

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 09-16-2001, 11:02 AM   #86
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
I think the Be-All-End-All statement is that
Because our God is so Loving,
He gave us..
Free Will
The power of choice, and the power to choose. A true, loving God wouldn not impose himself on others, just as if you loved a person, you would not force yourself or your ideals on your loved one. You would always give the person the right to choose. Just as you can be angry with a spouse, a parent, a brother or sister, God can be angry with you, but he does not force you to do what he says. He is not a facist God. Just as you know the consequences of not obeying the law, or your father's command, we Christians know the consequences of straying from God. He does not lay down his law and challenge us to break it, he lays down his law and tells us what happens if we do.
But just as every father will accept his wayward son home, our God will also accept us back into his embrace should we CHOOSE to return to him.
And that is why, for those not in the family, people cannot understand our religion. They are outsiders looking in, not members of the family. At the end of days, God takes care of family business, and brings his loved ones, his children, to him in heaven. That is why, for Christians, we await this day, but for nonbelievers, who will be cast out of the house of God because they do not belong, they fear this day.

That is all I'm going to say, because I dont wish to cause a rift in the forum, and the starter of this thread already stated that he did not want this to be a Christian-bashing thread.

And Cloudy, thanks a bunch for putting things in such an eloquent manner!
"Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called Sons(or daughers) of God"

JUST bueatiful
Old 09-16-2001, 11:08 AM   #87
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:

Choice. That was why God allowed mankind to decide. People can say that they are representatives of anyone. I am a follower of 250. He is my GOD. There, now you heard it, you could be telling everyone, "Hey, that foolish Tobbin worships 250. He's gonna burn in hell." (No offense to 250 here.) But what if I say that I worship God, Buddha, whoever. You don't really know (unless I really tell you, right?) Now suppose that my words are moving. Suppose it appears that I really am doing the work of GOD. You might really believe me to be a believer wouldn't you? It's really similar to the sleeper agents that just took out the WTC. They made it appear that they were law abiding and God fearing people. Many people thought they were Americans by heart. Because they blew up the WTC, does that mean that GOD has turned his/her back on us? NO. Acts of evil happen. God could have eradicated evil in the world, but sometimes it's that evil that educates us to how much he/she loves us. WHY? That's only for GOD to know. We only have the intelligence of mortality. God is immortal. His/her intelligence is way above our own. Does that mean we are less loved? No. There are a great many aspects of good in our lives. Whether you believe in a GOD or not is irrevalent. Death awaits you one day. It all depends on how you want to be remembered.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-16-2001, 11:10 AM   #88
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Tobbin:

Choice. That was why God allowed mankind to decide. People can say that they are representatives of anyone. I am a follower of 250. He is my GOD. There, now you heard it, you could be telling everyone, "Hey, that foolish Tobbin worships 250. He's gonna burn in hell." (No offense to 250 here.) But what if I say that I worship God, Buddha, whoever. You don't really know (unless I really tell you, right?) Now suppose that my words are moving. Suppose it appears that I really am doing the work of GOD. You might really believe me to be a believer wouldn't you? It's really similar to the sleeper agents that just took out the WTC. They made it appear that they were law abiding and God fearing people. Many people thought they were Americans by heart. Because they blew up the WTC, does that mean that GOD has turned his/her back on us? NO. Acts of evil happen. God could have eradicated evil in the world, but sometimes it's that evil that educates us to how much he/she loves us. WHY? That's only for GOD to know. We only have the intelligence of mortality. God is immortal. His/her intelligence is way above our own. Does that mean we are less loved? No. There are a great many aspects of good in our lives. Whether you believe in a GOD or not is irrevalent. Death awaits you one day. It all depends on how you want to be remembered.

true!

but seriously, Tobbin, when was your last time that you considered worship me?

Old 09-16-2001, 11:14 AM   #89
Dramnek_Ulk

how does not intervening in human lives help? Justify how letting people die tragic and pointless deaths means he loves us, and why does god allow people to commit evil in his name? non-intervention is just a flismy excuse to try and expalian why there is no real evidence that god exists. If there was proof of his existence E.g he manisfested an avatar before my eyes, i would be able to make an informed decesion on whether to be a christian but since there is no evidence we have to put blind trust in the idea that a god exists.

[This message has been edited by Dramnek_Ulk (edited 09-16-2001).]

Old 09-16-2001, 11:22 AM   #90
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
how does not intervening in human lives help?
say, if you are a murder
do you think anyone can change you if you, yourself, are not willing to change?

God is doing the same thing. he doesn't tell you what to do, but he set examples, tell you what is good, what is evil, he tells us how to make choices but NOT WHAT to choose

got it?

God let you choose, CHOICE!

and about people commit evil in his name, goddamnit, are you some kind... (edited 20 words) I already told ya. because God had never intervened with human lives, so those evil commited are deeds by our actions, it has NOTHING to do with God.

say, if you shoot your brother (God forgive me) is it your fault? or do you blame on God? God had taught you not to do it, but you did it... damnit

he will not strike those evil people down with a lighting bolt. those who committe evil, comdamn themselves