Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2003, 09:22 PM   #81
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Vagin

Outside the Laughing Dragon, Vagin ran for his life, thinking he now had three strong men after him. Upon ripping down the street for a piece, he began to hear the alarming noise of guards coming his way, around the corner. Vagin quickly dove behind an old crate of trash that had been thrown out by a shop keeper, and covered himself with as much of it as he could. He didn't need to be brought in for questioning. He lay very still, curled up in a fetal position.
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2003, 09:53 PM   #82
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Belthil

Belthil sat alone, though he was surrounded by those he loved. His sister had apparently bailed out of thier agreement, because he must have not gone according to plan. Great. It was just like her to not be accomodating. Next was mom. She still had not gotten over the shock of the news, and was still denying that she was hearing all this. When it finally sank in with her...it would be devastating. Then there was dad. A member of the council, and with good reason. This little psycological interview he was conducting to his advantage was just the thing that the council had been lacking before. A great public affairs kind of guy. Someone that commanded the floor with an authoritive aura. Belthil hoped that was an inheritable trait. nevertheless, he was stuck, and at the whim of his father who already anticipated this day and had been well prepared for it. Belthil just sat motionless and quiet, hoping that something would happen to break the mood in the room. It was pretty grim right now.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:07 PM   #83
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The town's peace-keepers show up at the entrance of the Laughing Dragon where they are met by Bastion Stormbringer. They see Bastion standing there, wearing his usual grin that denotes that they had just missed something and now it is over, and he is gloating over it. The highest ranking officer of the group assembled steps forward with his own forced smile and says:

"Mornin' Stormbringer. I had heard of trouble out this way. I take it you have everything under control as usual?"

The guards assembled sheathed their swords, already knowing that they'll be dismissed soon. They never had any fun anymore since Stormbringer showed up. Somehow he always beat everyone to the action, and had it all cleaned up by the time they arrive.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:15 PM   #84
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Brutus

Brutus glanced over at the dwarf who he guessed was angry mostly that his fight between he and the half-elf had ended without a conclusion. As he walked over to turn a table back to the upright position, he said:

"Well, that was the most fun I have had in weeks! Don't worry about that mixed-blood, though. I guess he's an alright guy to bail us out like this. If you wanna scrap with him...you'll have another chance...
Here...let me pay for a drink for ya."

"Fenley! Get this guy a drink! I gotta be going to work 'ere in a bit.
"

================================================== ==============================
Fenley

Fenley begins to figet around looking for a clean mug.

[ 02-06-2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-06-2003, 07:41 PM   #85
fosferus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Melif set Fire at ease and retrieved his hammer. “Fire, I sent you after the runaway.” frowned Melif “why’d you take my target?”

The brute offered to buy him a drink for the trouble and apologized for interrupting his brawl. “I never turn down a drink,” smiled Melif “As for half-baked, think nothing of it. We were both just blowing off steam. Notice I took his back.”

[ 02-07-2003, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: fosferus ]
Old 02-07-2003, 12:09 AM   #86
The Mad Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Armenelos Ele'Kalin:

Mom (Isilya) pales somewhat, her grip on Dad's (Armenelos) hand gets tighter - and the gaze between them seems to crackle with static, as the heavy silence in the room lingers on.Once or twice, his gaze flicks from Isilya's face to Belthil's - but only for a brief second - and then it's back again, locked with hers.Dad's visage remains in the same engraved-in-stone calm that chased many a bad dream away, his warm features seeming to fill the room.Time passes in silence, and soon it becomes difficult to determine if minutes or hours are passing.

Outside, the gentle darkness finishes tucking in the last stray rays of daylight, encompassing the world in a subtle land of shadow.In the nearby wood, the familiar chirps, whistles, and occasional howl of the nightlife can easily be heard, as nature's "night shift" gets ready to begin.

Inside the house, the contest continues.The silence is interrupted only by the outside noises, but they go unnoticed by the two.

In what seems like an eternity, Mom looks down, seeming in defeat, but not releasing her grip on Dad's hand.It is then that you notice that Dad now gazes at Belthil - and it's hard to tell when the change occurred!

"Belthil," Dad begins, his voice a little rought at first, as though his throat were dry, "You are at a stage in life where the transition to manhood can't come soon enough.It is understandable that you would want to go out, and seek your fortune..."He turns back to Mom, speaking from the side of his mouth, "...and your mother and I have been looking forward to this day..."You can tell by her body language that Mom has most definitely not looked forward to this day!But Dad, unperturbed, continues, "...but we can't have you trudging around, sneaking off when supposedly on some errand - never knowing if you are all right, or in mortal danger - so!"

He stands up, stretching."[b]I would like to leave this in your hands.You know that there are many Rites of Passage: just as you know how dangerous the world can be, and how many times something may look harmless at first, only to discover too late that it was taken for granted - sometimes at the cost of a life![b]"

Mom stands up also, reaching out to start picking up the dinner's dishes.She still remains strong; her will is indomitable - it would appear that the recent contest of wills had never happened!"What he means, dear one," she interrupts, seeming impatient, "...is that you will get your chance to prove yourself, no matter how much I want to protect you."She continues stacking, her smooth movements belying her balance and skill."I can't really forestall your advancement." she continues, and then she looks Belthil right in the eye, "...but I can always love you, and hope that we've taught you well."

At this point, Dad, regaining his previous head of steam, recovers the conversation."Tomorrow - first thing, mind you - you need to submit yourself to the elders' circle, to find out if there are any Rites of Passage available - if you're lucky, you may be able to pick something useful, and win yourself some status with your passing."

With that, the two gather the dishes, and retire to the sink (as in days of old), and as in times past, their hushed conversation purrs quietly into the dining room.It isn't long before the day's adventure catches up, and both Azalii and Belthil begin to feel the gentle tug of sleep.

In all of the excitement of the evening, night has fallen...

[img]graemlins/1dice.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2003, 12:20 AM   #87
The Mad Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

...meanwhile, back at The Laughing Dragon...

Four of the guard return with Bastion, to help him clean up the mess.Even though Brutus looks apprehensive, the guardsmen only come in long enough to help haul the bodies off, and (of course) to enjoy a quick pint!("Hey, we'll call it part of the investigation!")In less than half an hour, The Laughing Dragon is restored to its previous dishevelled state - although there are fewer patrons than before.

Before any other trouble can get stirred up, however, Brutus departs for work, as his day is just beginning.Of course, before he leaves, he adds (to Melif and Bastion) that - if they should happen down near the docksides - that there is a small sailors' flop called "The Low Tide" that they would be welcome in.He then adds something passionate on it being "more their style", and makes a hasty departure, whistling as he goes.

Not long after, the guardsmen, complaining about other duties, filter out, one by one.

[img]graemlins/1dice.gif[/img]

Old 02-07-2003, 07:14 PM   #88
fosferus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Melif tosses the innkeeper two coppers, “Here, give Sir Lucky Break another breakfast. Fire enjoyed his first.” Turning to Fire Heart the dwarf added “And that came out of your pocket too, not mine!”

“Savages,” he tosses to the half-elf “pulling steel in a honest bar fight.”
Old 02-08-2003, 01:02 AM   #89
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Belthil

The time of dinner was over, and it was time to make a choice. Belthil had expected his sister to pull him through, she did not, so he tried it on his own and messed it all up pretty badly, but then father had offered another unthought of option. He whispered it to himself. Rights of Passage. Why had he not considered this path before? It was so blatantly obvious that it was the correct choice, there was no more considering to be done...for it would meet his desire to give him an exit, at the same time it would serve to console his mother and satisfy his father's desire that he be of worth to the family. An honorbale mission of sorts.

"Father, I accept this decision and will go now and prepare myself for tomorrow's event. I look forward to seeing you and the Council on the morrow. If you will excuse me, I would like to set some time aside for meditation."

Belthil kissed his mother's cheek and departed.

================================================== ==============================

The next morning, Belthil awoke full of vigor and readiness. He made ready his belongings, and doned his most fabulous attire for the events ahead. Carefully, he made sure that he was at his best in appearance, and made his way out the door towards the council's meeting. In but a few moments, he was there at the front entrance of the place that would decide his fate. He awaited outside as was previously instructed to be invited in. One just does not barge in on the Council. When they want you to enter, they will let you know.

OOC>>>Per out conversation, I pray this is satisfactory in "upping" the pace to the right location and time.
Old 02-08-2003, 01:06 AM   #90
Bastion Stormbringer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

"You know," Bastion returns, "...you really hit the nail on the head!"Bastion tosses his gloves down in disgust, sitting down at the table across from Melif."Some guys just got no class at all."He sweeps the place, looking for any residual trouble, maybe Vagin lurking in a corner somewhere, and decidedly dodges the evil looks from the wait staff.

[From his point of view, it's the standard Mexican standoff - they put up with his rowdiness because he keeps out the lethal rowdies......all in the name of fun, perhaps, but still a worthwhile endeavor, all told...]

"Can I get you anything, friend dwarf?" Bastion beams, "I'm sorry, I - uh - I didn't get your name..."

[ [img]graemlins/question.gif[/img] OOC:> What? You were maybe expecting the line "we haven't been properly introduced"?Get outta' here!]
Bastion Stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote