Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 09:53 AM   #81
skywalker
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Wurm:
I didn't attack him, I just wanted to know what makes him think Arrafat was never a terrorist?

It was the tone you used to ask your question that brought my question.

Mark

Old 09-16-2001, 09:54 AM   #82
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

wurm, for one last time, I respond this to you

if we all think like you do, then there will never be peace

what you are saying is, Americans are innocent, Americans are right, Americans' actions are justified

you see, that has been causing problems in the past, and the attack is the proof! this whole goddamn conflict is not about who is right who is wrong, who is blood sucker who is peace lover

it is about both side people's well beings here. if there is a war, both sides are going to suffer, have no doubt of that

neither side is to take blames completely, it is the hatred that making problems here. think like they do, that is the key!
Old 09-16-2001, 09:57 AM   #83
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

more importantly, we should stop portrating mideasterners as torrorists

instead, we learn their cause, learn their religion, study their culture, habbits, history

the more we understand them, the more chances for peace
Old 09-16-2001, 10:06 AM   #84
Dramnek_Ulk

I think of arafat as a deal maker. He deals with the terrorists on his side, and the isrealis and the americans on the other.

------------------
The Grand master of the mightiest Beasts

DRAGONLORD!

Old 09-16-2001, 10:08 AM   #85
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
wurm, for one last time, I respond this to you

if we all think like you do, then there will never be peace

what you are saying is, Americans are innocent, Americans are right, Americans' actions are justified

you see, that has been causing problems in the past, and the attack is the proof! this whole goddamn conflict is not about who is right who is wrong, who is blood sucker who is peace lover

it is about both side people's well beings here. if there is a war, both sides are going to suffer, have no doubt of that

neither side is to take blames completely, it is the hatred that making problems here. think like they do, that is the key!
How do you know how I think? Do you real think the US will turn the cheek? (should and will are two differnt things BTW) I don't want war. I also do not think who did this should go unpunished. Tell me how are we to have both? Also tell me IYO how the US doing nothing will stop the Terrorists? And why IYO we should just dump US support for Israel. I don't like what the Zionist have done down there, but I am realist enough to know that peace down there is almost a impossible dream.

Ok the US removes our backing from Israel and ignores everything that happens between the Arab states and Israel from this day on. What happens? You are scared of the coming war? I think you should be even more scared of what some of the other people in this thread think and wish for because if we as a nation do pull the plug and walk away, I don't even wish to think of what will be the result.

I don't think the US is right in much of what it has done in the past or will do in the future. And I am also not a blind Patriot. But I am sure that the world would be alot worse off today without the US of A.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 10:18 AM   #86
Wurm
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
more importantly, we should stop portrating mideasterners as torrorists

instead, we learn their cause, learn their religion, study their culture, habbits, history

the more we understand them, the more chances for peace
I do understand them and have Arab friends. I even helped one of my friends make a homepage for his Mosque.

I also find it disturbing that you are trying to label me as racist. I am not and never have been. I am former Military and married to a woman whos father worked a very long time in the intelligence comunity, So I have maybe a better perch to sit on and look down apon this from.

I am sorry if you think I am a dumb racist hick. I am not, and also don't know how you read that into my posts.

We should all become closer in these days of anger and sadness. Not force ourselves futher apart.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 10:19 AM   #87
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

General comment: just remember to agree to disagree if you start going in circles. Debating's not about winning or losing, life's too short to get too upset over someone else's opinion!

Wurm - thanks for shrinking your sig.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 10:22 AM   #88
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
General comment: just remember to agree to disagree if you start going in circles. Debating's not about winning or losing, life's too short to get too upset over someone else's opinion!

Wurm - thanks for shrinking your sig.

yeah right, memnoch, are you trying to "protect the trouble makers" again?

he likes to put words into my mouth, what can I do? I am true to my words though, that post was my last
Old 09-16-2001, 10:24 AM   #89
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Terrorists do not think like a normal human being. If they did, two buildings would still be standing in New York City and 5000 people would still be alive. It's time to stop this nonsense and go after terrorists with everything we've (the world) got! We also need to make damn sure that those who support them are taken out too! As long as there are nations out there that are willing to supply money and training to these sons-of-b$@%&s we'll always have terrorism, because no matter what we do or don't do there will always be hate.

Bin Laden has no bone to pick with the US. We were INVITED in to Saudi Arabia. WE didn't go there at the point of a gun. Granted, we were primarily there for economic reasons, but not totally. Most Americans were horrified by Saddom Hussien's invasion of Kuwait.

If he were going to attack anyone, it should have been his own government! Personally, if he didn't hate us, he'd just be hating someone else. I'm sure he keeps count of all the little percieved slights against "his people" who ever they are. I can't imagine who those people might be. No peace loving nation would support him. Those that do are only little men who are greedy for power and don't care what they do to get it. The Taliban fall into this catagory. They don't care about their own people. Just having power. That's all the matters to them. Ask their women.

Saddom the Peacemaker! Now there's a funny one. How many of his own people has he killed in the last thirty or so years? If I'm not mistaken, he's the only man to ever use Nerve Gas on anyone and his own people at that. What about all those Kuwaitis that disappeared after his so called liberation. Oh, he's got a whole lot of crediblity!

Personally, I'd like peace just like the next person, but sometimes we can't have peace. If we turned our cheek to all voilence, what would have happened if the US had just become more isolationalist after Japan hit us at Pearl Harbor? We'd either be bowing to the raising sun or snapping a Heil Hitler salute and whole races and cultures would have been wiped from the face of the earth.

Too me, if we let this pass, then it's the same thing. People like Bin Laden and Hussien and the Taliban would be wiping out whole races and cultures, simply because they didn't agree with them or subjugate themselves too their "almighty power".

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 09-16-2001, 10:28 AM   #90
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
Terrorists do not think like a normal human being. If they did, two buildings would still be standing in New York City and 5000 people would still be alive. It's time to stop this nonsense and go after terrorists with everything we've (the world) got! We also need to make damn sure that those who support them are taken out too! As long as there are nations out there that are willing to supply money and training to these sons-of-b$@%&s we'll always have terrorism, because no matter what we do or don't do there will always be hate.

Bin Laden has no bone to pick with the US. We were INVITED in to Saudi Arabia. WE didn't go there at the point of a gun. Granted, we were primarily there for economic reasons, but not totally. Most Americans were horrified by Saddom Hussien's invasion of Kuwait.

If he were going to attack anyone, it should have been his own government! Personally, if he didn't hate us, he'd just be hating someone else. I'm sure he keeps count of all the little percieved slights against "his people" who ever they are. I can't imagine who those people might be. No peace loving nation would support him. Those that do are only little men who are greedy for power and don't care what they do to get it. The Taliban fall into this catagory. They don't care about their own people. Just having power. That's all the matters to them. Ask their women.

Saddom the Peacemaker! Now there's a funny one. How many of his own people has he killed in the last thirty or so years? If I'm not mistaken, he's the only man to ever use Nerve Gas on anyone and his own people at that. What about all those Kuwaitis that disappeared after his so called liberation. Oh, he's got a whole lot of crediblity!

Personally, I'd like peace just like the next person, but sometimes we can't have peace. If we turned our cheek to all voilence, what would have happened if the US had just become more isolationalist after Japan hit us at Pearl Harbor? We'd either be bowing to the raising sun or snapping a Heil Hitler salute and whole races and cultures would have been wiped from the face of the earth.

Too me, if we let this pass, then it's the same thing. People like Bin Laden and Hussien and the Taliban would be wiping out whole races and cultures, simply because they didn't agree with them or subjugate themselves too their "almighty power".

I agree with that. It's what I meant about sometimes needing force. Just because there is the comment that we are at war, doesn't mean we will annihilate a nation. We are talking about terrorists. We are not trying to take out muslims. The Taliban has been creating that illusion to grow dissent among the muslim nations. That's one reason why we have so many supporters acrose the globe. EVERYONE knows something must be done. It doesn't look like there can be a peaceful solution. Should Afghanistan provide Bin Laden, there might be a chance.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL