Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2001, 01:49 PM   #81
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Sorry, Z, I thought I was getting through to him. Alas, I guess not. He seemed to listen to me a bit when he would ignore a similar statement from someone else, so I tried my best. I guess some people (adults included) just can't seem to understand that tantrums and name-calling will result in things like this. Wish I could've gotten through to him better.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-05-2001, 02:05 PM   #82
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I would daresay Ziroc is one of the most even-tempered and most fair forum owners I have ever had the privilege of knowing. He's a lot more so than I am! (or would be should I ever have my own forum, Heavens forbid)

Cheers,

Thanks man, I do really try to give people a lot of rope, and sometimes they end up hanging themselves.. .

When stuff like this happens, I look at it (Insults directed toward me) as a reporter may (or a game reviewer)--unbiased.. Personal attacks don't bug me at all, but personal attacks on OTHER members do.. I try to deal with everything sensitive that comes up as a 'neutral party' type.. I think that really works here, and everyone here knows I don't do favoritism--everyone here is an equal.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 02:20 PM   #83
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Dan, you have been MORE than fair! I think he just wasn't willing to socialize according to the rules. Too bad. As you said, many people go on to post and be good members of our community after a shaky start.

And you are SO right! You cannot please EVERYONE so no use letting it make you feel bad! I think most of us would agree that what you and the mods have done so far is a good job of keeping our community strong. I very much love the forums and enjoy interacting with the people here.

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-05-2001, 02:22 PM   #84
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
Sorry, Z, I thought I was getting through to him. Alas, I guess not. He seemed to listen to me a bit when he would ignore a similar statement from someone else, so I tried my best. I guess some people (adults included) just can't seem to understand that tantrums and name-calling will result in things like this. Wish I could've gotten through to him better.

I had a feeling he would take it like this, I hoped it wouldn't though.

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 10-05-2001, 02:31 PM   #85
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
(Well, I did enjoy banning 'Killer')

And what about the user "Me"? Now THAT is what I call annoying!
BTW, I didn't know URLman (where does www.cffl.com lead anyway?) very well, but I'm still sad that he lost his temper so badly he struck me as someone who would have fitted in well if he had given himself the chance

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Old 10-05-2001, 02:40 PM   #86
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
And what about the user "Me"? Now THAT is what I call annoying!
BTW, I didn't know URLman (where does www.cffl.com lead anyway?) very well, but I'm still sad that he lost his temper so badly he struck me as someone who would have fitted in well if he had given himself the chance

Cffl.com is the College Fantasy Football League.

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 02:50 PM   #87
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Not being a regular on the BG board, I suppose I have escaped the worst of Cffl's spam, however like some others have said, I am sad to see someone who cannot accept well intentioned advice. I believe he/she was 12 years old - maybe in a few years he/she will rejoin IW, thououghly reformed and eventually become a valued and respected member of the Mod Squad.......or then again maybe not.

Overall, this restatament of the general principles of board useage is well overdue. If you ever catch me spamming, feel free to slap me upside the head with a wet kipper or if I really transgress, send Sazerac's evil-smelling fart-raptor after me.

------------------
Regards

Mouse
(Occasional crooner and all round friendly Scottish rodent)

[This message has been edited by Mouse (edited 10-05-2001).]
Old 10-05-2001, 02:53 PM   #88
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Mouse:
Overall, this restatament of the general principles of board useage is well overdue. If you ever cartch me spamming, feel free to slap me upside the head with a wet kipper or if I really transgress, send Sazerac's evil-smelling fart-raptor after me.

LOL! The "fart-raptor" as you so eloquently put it, dear Mouse, has flown off for a bit, but he's ready to return when needed!

Cheers,

------------------
Old 10-05-2001, 02:58 PM   #89
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Boy, have I been out of the loop! I know I have been busy and just sneaking in every now and then, but URLman apparently came and left and I didn't know he had been her.

Seriously, I saw the slam against Link (someone showed it to me) and thought that was most uncalled for. And of course, what I read here directed towards Z-----ridiculous.

I just want to chime in that Dan is the fairest and most even tempered person I whink you could have as a webmaster. He bends over backwards all the time. And I think any of us who have been around for a while knows how RARE it is that anyone is ever banned by Dan.

Dan, you can't please everybody, but you have created a very special place here for all of us. It is like home and family to many of us. It's a shame someone like him could not appreciate it.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena
Clan Illuminati

Old 10-05-2001, 07:36 PM   #90
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hey I think 250's use of profanity was used correctly. He did warn he was going to cuss, and then he let cffl have it. I think he set a good example...errr for me actually