Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2001, 10:36 AM   #81
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Er... the white-robed guy is lawful evil? Sounded more like lawful good to me...
Kaz sighed as she saw Neb appear suddenly. Of course, he'd been using an invisibility spell. "I suppose we should see what started the fire. And what happened to Isabeau?" Kaz choked on the name. She hated seeing Mistral so upset. Yet she continued. "She wasn't burned at all..."
Old 10-31-2001, 10:54 AM   #82
Neb
Account deleted by Request

"Hmmm.... If the hawk wasn't burned then maybe the smoke killed it? I've seen people die from breathing too much smoke before, possibly it was killed by magic? If mages are involved we should proceed with great caution." Neb paused for a few seconds and then said, "I think I saw your companion Larry enter the fire, maybe he knows more, we should go look for him." After he finishes speaking, Neb whistles, and a small winged humanoid creature swoops down from above and lands on his shoulder, it is very thin but appears healthy and has large bat-like ears which seem to pick up every sound, Neb scratches it behind one of it's large ears, making the homonculous produce a feline purring sound, "Kaz, this is Zephyra, my familiar, she(Neb calls his familiar she even though it is neither male or female.) has been flying around a bit, observing things, I thought she might be helpful."

(OOC: When I made my character I didn't have a list of spells nearby and not a list of how many spells my character could actually know at his level, so here is a new and revised list of his spells(Those with explanations in a paranthesis after their name are from the 2nd edition Player's Handbook and not in BG2:

1st level:
Magic Missile,
Identify,
Armor,
Jump(Allows the caster to jump high and long for a limited time.),
Spider Climb(Allows the caster to climb and cling to, almost any solid surface.).

2nd level:
Melf's Acid Arrow,
Mirror Image,
Ray of Enfeeblement,
Detect Invisibility,
Web.

3rd level:
Fireball,
Lightning Bolt,
Dispel Magic,
Spectral Force(Creates an illusion which can be seen, heard,
smelled and the heat of which can be felt).

4th level:
Stoneskin,
Improved Invisibility,
Evard's Black Tentacles(Causes giant tentacles to spring forth from a surface to crush
foes),
Dimension Door.

5th level:
Spell Immunity,
Minor Spell Turning,
Domination.

6th level:
Death Spell,
Wyvern Call.)

Old 10-31-2001, 11:00 AM   #83
Kaz

OOC: working out my character. How many spells should I have her have in her spellbook? I'm trying to keep track of the ones she's cast so far, but I'd like to put it down on paper sometime. Any ideas?
Old 10-31-2001, 11:03 AM   #84
Neb

OOC: Well, how many years has she been adventuring? How many adventures has she been on?
Old 10-31-2001, 11:05 AM   #85
Kaz

OOC: Piano lesson now! I'm going by bike, it's already getting dark, by the time I go back it should be pitch black... by bike and over an unlit country road... it's Halloween... wish me luck! I'll be back in a few hours, probably with a nervous breakdown.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:06 AM   #86
Neb

OOC: See you later Kaz, I'll be on AIM if you need help getting over your nervous breakdown.
Old 10-31-2001, 11:40 AM   #87
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Continuing on his treck through the wreckage, Larry was trying as best he could to move swiftly. Yet the intense heat and falling support beams and fire raining down from the ceiling did not help matters. He came to the entrance of another room, and looked inside. Where a wall might have been, there was only a burning hole, now. Larry realized that the wall was his alternative entrance into the room that he had heard noises coming from. Without much thought, Larry ran straight to the burning wall. Yet as he entered the room, a beam fell from the ceinling, knocking him to the ground under it.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:02 PM   #88
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...The reason I chose these enemies...
1) I wanted to have somebody intellegent to battle.
2) I wanted to have a trio of beings that we could not kill at this time, but to just provide some action.
3) I wanted a rescue mission involved so that I would not have to do so much fighting, and Mistral could also enjoy action without battle.
4) I wanted to have a unique enemy that was not a regular ol' weak being.

I called my friend who is the GURU of RPGs. He is very obedient to text rules, and so he read to me all the races and monsters from the D&D guides on what races fit my descriptions. I also read to him Mistral's Story posts. He decided that we were facing dragons, and read me the detailed decriptions of why that is so. I thought it was a terrific idea.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:26 PM   #89
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Struggling under the weight of the support beam, Larry was thankful for that Girdle of Frost Giant Strength he had been given. Finally pushing the board off of his leg, and inspecting himself for damages, he decided he was ok, except for a little burnt. Thank Mistral for the ring!
Getting up and forcing himself into the next room across the way, he finally found what he was looking for. A little girl, maybe no older than 7 years old, was huddled in a corner of the room. Her whole body was covered in soot, and had been crying, as the tear trails were marked down both sides of her cheeks. She looked up and Larry and smiled with relief.
Larry ran over to her, and placed the Ring of Fire resistance on her thumb. Looking around for the nearest escape, he spotted a window. Before he could get over to it, The wall began to break up, and that exit was sealed off. He needed to find another way out...fast.
Old 10-31-2001, 12:52 PM   #90
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Carrying the girl in one arm, holding Nightblade in the other, Larry had come up with a practical plan. Using Nightblade as a sort of weapon against the flames, he could shoot burst of ice at the obstructions in front of him. Working fast, since the main structure of the building would be collapsing at any moment, Larry finally found another window. He peered out of it to see that he was on the second story of the building. Not a bad jump, but certainly not the safest way. He turned around to find yet another exit. When he did so, he froze in his tracks. The building was falling in on itself already, and there was nothing to go back through! The floor began to fall out from him, and he decided he had no choice but use this exit. Praying that all the injury would be given to him, and none to the girl he was carrying, Larry sheathed Nightblade, took a deep breath, and leaped out of the building. An explosion erupted at that time, catching his clothing on fire as he went sailing through the air.

The onlookers in the area turned to see a burning man falling from the sky, holding onto a little girl, who was of course screaming with everything she had been given to scream with. The odd thing about the whole scenario was that the girl was not in flames like her rescuer was. They landed, hard on to the ground below. The girl was thrown from the burning man, to come to a rolling stop. She instantly got up and checked herself for any broken appendages, but had none. Her mom came running up to grab her daughter into her arms, crying for joy. Seeing the man in flames, one on-looker began to run up to him to put the flames out, but before he got near enough, A sword flew up and over the strange figure, spreading an icy frost over his entire body. At the same time, a ring was glowing on the man's finger. With the flame extinguished, The sword stopped it's rain of ice and continued to hover over the barely conscious form. Anyone watching with keen eyesight would have seen an ioun stone begin to glow at this time, healing the owner slowly and steadily.

ooc...What did you think of my rescue mission?
Where do I need to improve on my writing?
Should I have made it last longer?