Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 10:52 PM   #71
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
*Hexes Germany for the next match*
Old 06-24-2006, 11:16 PM   #72
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
*Sigh*

No more WC for Sweden. Congratulations, Germany.
*sigh*

No more camera shots of Swedish lady supporters in the world cup, Stratos I feel your pain!

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 11:42 PM   #73
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
What a relief for Kalac it must be after letting in that sitter, not being the reason they are going out.

Missing the handball was dreadful, although I think there seemed to be poor decisions both ways.
Remind me Aelia which team was Kalac playing for? Dont forget that simple catch he dropped earlier and almost went in bar for an aussie stood on the line pushing him out! It was a disgraceful performance and I do agree with Davros that once you pick a goalkeeper you stick with him. I normally am quite forgiving of blunders but if those mistakes had cost us the game I would have shot him myself

While the ref did a howler with the 3 card trick I (again) agree with Davros that he was not to bad overall, the offside miss was the linesmans fault.
[/QUOTE]Kalac was a clown, to think this muppet went public about how he felt Schwartz was strugging and that he was entitled to have a go. Schwartz hasn't been much better but at least he can keep out those U9s goals.

I'm more concerned with our finishing and our creativity out of midfield - our defence has been surprisingly good, considering it was our weak point, given we don't have a lot of backs. But aside from Kewell and Cahill, there's not a lot of creativity in the midfield and the crossing's been poor. And our finishing has been very ordinary, it'll need to be much better against Italy. I know Dukes has a reputation as a good striker but geez he comes across as a bit lazy at times. Why does he always have to get the ball with his back to goal? Make a run now and then for farksake!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:41 AM   #74
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Quote:
[QB*sigh*

No more camera shots of Swedish lady supporters in the world cup, Stratos I feel your pain! [/QB]
I was thinking of exactly the same thing [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Viduka isn't a player to run off people. He holds the ball up and plays it to someone else who's running. He is the weirdest striker I've ever seen, one minute he is on top form, next he is terrible.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:50 AM   #75
Stratos
Vampire

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
*Sigh*

No more WC for Sweden. Congratulations, Germany.
*sigh*

No more camera shots of Swedish lady supporters in the world cup, Stratos I feel your pain!
[/QUOTE]Well, I try to see things from the bright side; all those ladies will be coming back here to Sweden now.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:28 AM   #76
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

What a great game between Argentina and Mexico! And what a goal by Rodriguez! Goal of the cup for my money.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #77
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I've read the newspaper today. It says Asia's hope now rest solely on Australia. Wtf? Since when does Australia considered part of Asia? I thought they were part of Oceania?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:40 AM   #78
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Australia IS a continent [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-25-2006, 08:47 AM   #79
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Nah, it's now Australasia. When qualifying they are play against the asian teams too.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:18 AM   #80
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
I've read the newspaper today. It says Asia's hope now rest solely on Australia. Wtf? Since when does Australia considered part of Asia? I thought they were part of Oceania?
Australia were accepted into the Asian Confederation late last year - voted in with required majority (think it was 2/3's). We have already started playing Asian Cup qualifying matches (beat Bahrain 3-0 earlier this year in Bahrain). Our next qualification attenpt will be through the Asian confederation.

True though that at this WC we are representing Oceania.