Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2004, 02:04 AM   #71
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
It's difficult for me, here, because I don't know which half of which group is slacking. Desuma, why don't you play Assassin at your mutual earliest convenience? Anyone else waiting on a partner, make yourselves known, please.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 07-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #72
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
I have added everyone into yahoo messenger for the purposes of the tournament but haven't bumped into anyone as yet. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm not overly concerned if time is not really an issue, so hopefully we'll get some more chessic action happening soon!

P.S to Black Barron: Are you an international master or FIDE master or something?
If you're getting an estimated rating of anywhere near 2000 you should be!
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 07-16-2004, 05:46 AM   #73
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

I was once a candidate for master, which is one step before the "master" level. That was however it. In the past 4 years i did not play in tournaments, and managed to reduce my skill into shambles.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Old 07-16-2004, 08:23 AM   #74
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Son of a b... Well, at least I'm not ashamed to have lost that way to you, BB. [img]smile.gif[/img]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 07-16-2004, 01:48 PM   #75
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
Son of a b... Well, at least I'm not ashamed to have lost that way to you, BB. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[img]tongue.gif[/img]

Notice please the second part of my statement.

Old 07-16-2004, 02:28 PM   #76
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

IMO, once you're up to that level, you never really lose it. You've probably lost more than I've ever known. Still, you were once almost a chess maste. And that's some salve on my wounded pride.
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Old 07-17-2004, 07:21 AM   #77
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Progress report!

Jaradu and I managed to bump into each other at Social Lounge 7 and a battle royale chess fest was had!
In the first game, with black, Jaradu sprang some unconventional flank tactics on CD, who gleefully accepted an early exchange (bishop for rook) lead. However, some greedy play from CD got himself into positional trouble as Jaradu sprang Nf4, a killer counter, attacking queen and threatening rook takes g2 check. CD almost resigned on the spot, but breathed a sigh of relief when Jaradu was proved to have other ideas and sadly dropped his lovely matriarch! The material advantage was then critical in giving CD his first win of the tournament. A very fortunate one!

Game two was much closer, with CD defending against Jaradu's stonewall like d3-e4-be2 setup. CD chose a line where the queens were swapped early and seized a central advantage, managing to equalise into the middlegame. After some wily knight and pin like bishop moves, a pawn sacrifice and another exchange loss to CD's favour, the game looked dark for Jaradu who promptly ran out of time (After having to answer the phone in his defense! - Ed)

Final Score: 2-0 to Cerebrodragon.

Hope we get some more games going!

[ 07-17-2004, 07:35 AM: Message edited by: CerebroDragon ]
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
Old 07-17-2004, 01:23 PM   #78
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
So that means we have BB and CD tied for first with 2 each, and the rest with 0? Am I correct?

All right, my initialed friends, you two are next. At your earliest possible convenience you'll play.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 07-17-2004, 01:26 PM   #79
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Sunday and monday i am available from 17 GMT till midnight GMT.

Old 07-17-2004, 02:05 PM   #80
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Well, I'll just try to get as many people played as possible, though I've already played a few games, so my mind's off. =/ I'll be in Social Lounge 17 from the time of this post for about 3 hours, with maybe a couple of breaks to do the essentials. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]