Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2003, 09:29 AM   #71
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

LOL, well we have traveling tales about Greek policemen here in Sweden, might be due to some events down there..

Also, personal friends have told me never to crack a joke with a bulgarian Policeman.

If this is true or not.. I canīt say, but after his story I will never make a joke to a Bulgarian police at least

Donīt eat the yellow snow
Old 03-11-2003, 09:50 AM   #72
Masklinn

Quote:
I will never make a joke to a Bulgarian police at least
I think I will avoid making joke to any policeman in the world as long as I live...I think it's better for my health [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now Wolf, tell us this story about the bulgarian police !
Old 03-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #73
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
hmm well Swedish policemen are stern..French are menacing and British are well a bit pointless, since they are never around when you need them PS I have had a patdown search from all except British police when travelling..also from Dutch police too..they seemed bored
They didn't give you a ticket ? [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2003, 09:57 AM   #74
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
Quote:
I will never make a joke to a Bulgarian police at least
I think I will avoid making joke to any policeman in the world as long as I live...I think it's better for my health [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now Wolf, tell us this story about the bulgarian police !
[/QUOTE]I am sorry but I think alot of it would involve things listed in the TOS that you shouldnīt use

Old 03-11-2003, 10:07 AM   #75
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
hmm well Swedish policemen are stern..French are menacing and British are well a bit pointless, since they are never around when you need them PS I have had a patdown search from all except British police when travelling..also from Dutch police too..they seemed bored
They didn't give you a ticket ? [img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I was leaving the country at the time

Old 03-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #76
WOLFGIR

Since Iīm bored, I will try to make this a TOS friendly version of what happend, as I heard it.

The two friends went to Bulgaria. All is fine.
They take into a hotell, finds out that everything is very cheap, espacially alcohol. So, they use alot of their money to purchase and drink alcohol. As most Swedes fo that age do. (This takes place like 10-12 years ago).
((Another reason for not telling this is that Iīm no good at telling stories)).

So well they are drinking, having fun and all of a sudden there is a loud series of violent knocks on the door. *gasping time*

Door opens and revieals two officers that are big and hairy. Not that this would be the norm for Bulgarian policemen, but this is the description I got from my friend. They said something in Bulgarian and entered the room. My friends did not know what they said and therefor said something along the lines of "Nobody expects the spanish inquisition" and asked in english if they call cops for pigs here as well.. This turns the Bulgarians english vocabulary to mode red, and instead of asking them to quiet down they now are under the scrutiny of the bulgarian policeforce

After some close encounters with the wall and the floor, the policeofficers turns everything out and starts looking for "drugs" and explains in a cruel form of english that nobody has any rights. (Migh be only for drunk tourists though.)
They search and after sometime they find a er magazine with women that dresses very friendly for the animals. Get the picture??
Well, this magazine was bought in the more freeminded areas of Kobenhagen, Denmark. It was unread and the first policeman opens up the middle of the paper to the large picture that olds out.. biiiig... picture that men of a certain age finds very attractive oki? Use you imagination...

He turns around with a big smile holds up the foldup and says..
"Ahhh Katarina... me like. (Or something, this is hearsay ok!!

He turns the side and his face goes white. He turns with wildstaring eyes and the stick in his hand..
"Schweinerai!!!1" Or something about filthy things.

The two friends finds out that the sticks in bulgaria are hard and hurts.. alot. After that and a fine they understands that the image portraited two men, who were not only dressed friendly to animals, they were also a bit more then friendly. This was a crime back then obviously.

So the sensemorality of this is, donīt buy danish bi-sexual magazines and donīt make jokes to Bulgarian policemen..

Since this is all heresay, I wonīt go even one step on the little path say9ing that this is either true, fictional or anything else, but you asked and I told what I heard. At best I might get my friend to post here.. But I doubt it.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:51 AM   #77
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johnny:
[QB]I always had a hard time trying to figure out what's masculin and feminin.

Ack, i don't want to be around you for some time now .
Old 03-12-2003, 03:59 AM   #78
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
[quote]Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Quote:

ROFL, sheesh, i was wide open there. I didn't notice until you came along.
Old 03-12-2003, 04:38 AM   #79
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by the new JR Jansen:
Quote:

ROFL, sheesh, i was wide open there. I didn't notice until you came along.
Dirty mind and all that
Old 03-12-2003, 06:10 AM   #80
wellard
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Since that most of you people in here are, from a French viewpoint, foreign , I am curious about what personal contacts you have had with French stuff : books, movies, music, foodstuff, language, travelling to France, meeting French people, ... anything ! Tell me ! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Well Moiraine I have had the pleasure of visiting your country 4 times, tho' for a total of four weeks. To put things in context each visit was by motorbike with a GB numberplate with the final destination being elsewhere. May I give you my impressions both good and bad?

The people, With my parents being British and myself a lover of history I did not expect much, But as Epona mentioned with a little effort to speak French the people warmed to me and me to them. Especially one young French lady at a campsite near St. Raphael....but that’s another story and I don’t kiss and tell

Food was good, anything is better than British [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img] and tasted frogs, horse, snails for novelty but imo found it overall not as good as Spain or Italy (or Indian )

Paris. Unfortunately I only ever went through Paris twice both times at night in a rush to get home. But both times driving along the (west) side of the seine and both times it stunk to high heaven *sorry but true *

I found the scenery good with better architecture than anywhere else I have been *and I have travelled* which was an unexpected surprise.

Given the era was in all cases early to mid 1980's at the time I found the difference between poor and rich areas stunning. For example the stunning coastline of the cote d'Azure, with almost obnoxious wealth compared to the countryside behind, Provence?. Where using a male public toilets that was nothing but a hole in the ground with a roll of toilet paper. and another in a town centre which was a small cast wrought iron circle that started above the knees and stopped at chest height. it was situated in a market square where while you urinated you could see people, and they could see you, walking by only a metre away... [img]graemlins/blush.gif[/img] For a western country I was stunned.

Do I want to visit again given as I work for an airline with access to very cheap travel to anywhere around the world? YES because I was young and very immature at the time and I feel as though I should do it justice by going back again with someone who can show me the many lovely places I missed.

I hope you enjoy this warts and all post ? [img]graemlins/confused5.gif[/img]

[ 03-13-2003, 04:27 AM: Message edited by: wellard ]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years