Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 09:10 PM   #71
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I think the reason that we haven't made a bigger deal about terrorist activities in other countries is because there haven't been people from the victim countries to represent them. There happen to be a lot of Americans here and it was on all of out minds, and that's why it became such a big deal here.

There is kind of a double standard here about him not getting a warning, but the only reason for that was because no Mod was online. He got numerous warnings from everyone else warning him what would happen. Also no board member still here has ever posted anything so blatantly offensive. There is a difference, but I see where you're both coming from.

In general, I completely agree with both of you and I truly thought Dio was trying to defend Jake and that's why I was kind of pissy in my reply.

Like I said before, I stand corrected. I completely misunderstood. You both have my apologies.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 09-12-2001, 09:16 PM   #72
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I don't know Flojtsdale, I have seen a lot of arguments here on the forum, and flaming, but all those were petty bickering really. I have never seen anyone come on this forum, on a day that the U.S. was brutally attacked again and again, killing Thousands of human lives, and laugh about it, and even insinuate being happy about it. Is a HUGE, I mean HUUUUGE, difference. What would you think if you lost a loved one in a disaster, and then read a little jerk laughing about it, would you still feel the same way? Would if he personally laughed at your loss? Would you still "forgive him" and give him a second chance? No doubt, who really knows what was truly the deal with this "Jake" fella. Maybe he isn't all that evil as he portrayed himself to be, is easy to type words sitting on your ass, anybody can do it. But still... You have to use common sense, and seeing what was going on yesterday, which was OBVIOUS to anyone no matter where you lived, as this forum was filled with nothing but information and comments about the attack, anybody would know that saying what Jake said would only hurt and anger people. Even a 10 year old would know that. His posts were deliberate. Why would any of us want to keep him around? Give him a second chance? Well, if we did, I bet it would only be a short amount of time before he posted something just as bad, or even worse, as people like this get a certain sick thrill out of that type of thing and usually are "repeat offenders" in my opinion. OK, said I was done earlier, guess I wasn't LOL

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 09:17 PM   #73
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

No worries, Milamber! Everyone is distressed and touchy at the moment.

------------------

Old 09-12-2001, 09:19 PM   #74
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
I don't know Flojtsdale, I have seen a lot of arguments here on the forum, and flaming, but all those were petty bickering really. I have never seen anyone come on this forum, on a day that the U.S. was brutally attacked again and again, killing Thousands of human lives, and laugh about it, and even insinuate being happy about it. Is a HUGE, I mean HUUUUGE, difference. What would you think if you lost a loved one in a disaster, and then read a little jerk laughing about it, would you still feel the same way? Would if he personally laughed at your loss? Would you still "forgive him" and give him a second chance? No doubt, who really knows what was truly the deal with this "Jake" fella. Maybe he isn't all that evil as he portrayed himself to be, is easy to type words sitting on your ass, anybody can do it. But still... You have to use common sense, and seeing what was going on yesterday, which was OBVIOUS to anyone no matter where you lived, as this forum was filled with nothing but information and comments about the attack, anybody would know that saying what Jake said would only hurt and anger people. Even a 10 year old would know that. His posts were deliberate. Why would any of us want to keep him around? Give him a second chance? Well, if we did, I bet it would only be a short amount of time before he posted something just as bad, or even worse, as people like this get a certain sick thrill out of that type of thing and usually are "repeat offenders" in my opinion. OK, said I was done earlier, guess I wasn't LOL

could you put those words in my mouth please?
because you just said what I wanted to say but cannot find the right words
Old 09-12-2001, 09:28 PM   #75
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:

I'm not disagreeing with you, Ladyzekke! I was only pointing out that it would have been better had he been officially warned first. I found what I read of his comments at the head of this thread as offensive as you do, and I have small doubt that he would have ignored the mods as much as he ignored the forum members. We ARE better off without people who rejoice in death.

But it also occurs to me that he may have been role-playing as an 'evil' character. Many of the younger members do it, and though we know them well enough to KNOW that is what they are doing, some started off quite badly!
If he was a very young person, he may not have understood why people were so appalled. This IS a game forum. Which is where a warning would have clarified the matter.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 09-12-2001).]
Old 09-12-2001, 09:32 PM   #76
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

heh heh heh, roleplaying?

we just roleplayed that his evil character being killed
Old 09-12-2001, 09:42 PM   #77
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
I'm not disagreeing with you, Ladyzekke! I was only pointing out that it would have been better had he been officially warned first. I found what I read of his comments at the head of this thread as offensive as you do, and I have small doubt that he would have ignored the mods as much as he ignored the forum members. We ARE better off without people who rejoice in death.

But it also occurs to me that he may have been role-playing as an 'evil' character. Many of the younger members do it, and though we know them well enough to KNOW that is what they are doing, some started off quite badly!
If he was a very young person, he may not have understood why people were so appalled. This IS a game forum. Which is where a warning would have clarified the matter.

yeah, I see what you are saying fljotsdale, he could have been roleplaying, but even then, still, he crossed the boundaries you know? And even though no Mods came in to warn him? Many of us members told him to stop, and he didn't. So I doubt he would have stopped if a Mod said something. And heck, even if he did stop if a Mod said something, what does that say? To me it says he got his kicks as long as he was allowed, as he felt us members scolding him had no power. Power is the only thing he will acknowledge. Again, says volumes of what type of person he is, if that were the case. Dunno, sigh!

Again, I see what you are saying, but I just personally think that Jake didn't fit into that category. And don't think I don't feel bad about it, cause I saw that he had over 100 previous posts, so he must have been asking or answering questions on one of the game forums, and now he can no longer do that. But again, there are just some things that you just cannot do. And again as well, several of us posted to him to shut up and stop, and he deliberately did not.

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 09:44 PM   #78
Ladyzekke

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
could you put those words in my mouth please?
because you just said what I wanted to say but cannot find the right words
LOL TwoFiffee Guess we must be on the same wavelength at least for tonight!

------------------
Old 09-12-2001, 09:46 PM   #79
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
LOL TwoFiffee Guess we must be on the same wavelength at least for tonight!

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHH??

I AM SHOCKED!!!!!!!

I thought we always have been!!!!
Old 09-12-2001, 09:46 PM   #80
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Jake: NOOOO! Not the GENIE!!! (memsy sicks 234,0000 funnel web spiders in his pants)

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!